UKC

Coast path

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Valentine 29 Apr 2018

Thinking of a first ever trip to the Lleyn Peninsula this June.  Could anyone make recommendations about the best stretches of the coastal path in half day sections or less, please.

Lornajkelly 01 May 2018
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I once did a sponsored walk around a big section of the coastal path, from aberdaron to porth oer (whistling sands).  IIRC the most memorable sections were immediately after aberdaron going towards the tip of the peninsula, and the few miles coming up to porth oer itself from the tip of the peninsula.  We started at around 7am and there were families of seals in the coves near aberdaron - if you're lucky you might see some pups.  Have fun!

The area around Yr Eifl has great views and some amazing antiquities. The end of the peninsula is also very interesting with views across to Bardsey Island.

Adam Long 02 May 2018

Also the stretches between Abersoch and Porth Neigwl, and Porth Neigwl and Aberdaron. Basically most of it is good, though the central north coast is a bit samey (a good samey mind) and likewise the eastern south coast is mostly long strands. Treat yourself to a day trip to Bardsey too.

OP Tom Valentine 02 May 2018
In reply to Adam Long:

Thanks to all for the advice: very useful and much appreciated.

Moley 02 May 2018

We did it a few years ago, a royal wedding was on so it seemed a good escape from all that b****x.

I do remember that we enjoyed it, wild camped and near the end on some sand dunes there was a lovely adder on the path, which made the trip for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...