UKC

Isle of Skye camping this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike_uk82 27 Mar 2013
Does anyone know of any campsites that may be open this weekend? I'm not exactly looking forward to the prospect of sleeping in minus conditions but needs must.

I'm not fussy on the location but if it is near a good pub that serves food then all the better.

Thanks.

Mike.
In reply to mike_uk82:

If you're planning on heading for the Cullins, both Glenbrittle and the Sligachan will be open (i'll be at Glenbrittle!).

Glenbrittle is arguably a better location if the weather is good, but you'll need to bring in your own beer. Sligachan has the benefit of a proper pub
In reply to mike_uk82:

Ha ha! I'm generally in the same boat!

OP mike_uk82 27 Mar 2013
In reply to professionalwreckhead: Thanks for the suggestions. If you see a bloke with a cold, wet, angry girlfriend scowling at him, say hi to me.

jazzyjackson 27 Mar 2013
In reply to mike_uk82:
> (In reply to professionalwreckhead) Thanks for the suggestions. If you see a bloke with a cold, wet, angry girlfriend scowling at him, say hi to me.

lol. u doing the ridge or just masochistic camping?
OP mike_uk82 27 Mar 2013
In reply to jazzyjackson: ha, the latter sadly.
 Cameron94 27 Mar 2013
In reply to mike_uk82: Conditions are great in the Corries at the minute, even if you're not up for a full on winter day with the gf a trip into Coire a' Bhasteir would be brilliant. Crampons and axe would be required though.
 Nathan Adam 27 Mar 2013
In reply to mike_uk82: I'd echo Camerons comments for anyone heading out into the Cuillin this weekend. No place for messing around though, snow is bullet hard just now !
Slugain Howff 27 Mar 2013
In reply to professionalwreckhead:
> (In reply to mike_uk82)
>
> If you're planning on heading for the Cullins, both Glenbrittle and the Sligachan will be open (i'll be at Glenbrittle!).
>
> Glenbrittle is arguably a better location if the weather is good, but you'll need to bring in your own beer. Sligachan has the benefit of a proper pub

Since when has the Sligachan deserved the credit for being described as a proper pub - it is dreadful...

In reply to Slugain Howff:

Ha! I suppose. However, it serves beer, has a roof and is heated. The closest glenbrittle gets is a toilet block, and even that's not heated all the time
 jazzyjackson 28 Mar 2013
In reply to mike_uk82:
> (In reply to jazzyjackson) ha, the latter sadly.

at least there will be no midges!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...