UKC

16 and counting......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 arch 27 Mar 2019

16 topics about Brexit on the first page alone (17 now) at time of posting. 

Could we have a seperate section for these topics, please, pretty please. It's all a bit tedious now and this is a climbing/hiking forum after all.

In reply to arch:

It's also probably the most important political decision that will be taken in your lifetime.

It's a damned sight more important than whether Three Pebble Slab is E0 or not.

OP arch 27 Mar 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

Stick it a separate section then, where you can all carry on moaning about it.

Post edited at 19:27
Moley 27 Mar 2019
In reply to arch:

I'm sure there is a case for "Brexit" being declared an unmentionable swear word and the moderators removing all threads that contain it.

Including this thread, bin the lot .

stevieb 27 Mar 2019
In reply to arch:

I agree. I take part in the brexit stuff but don’t know why there isn’t a separate politics / religion / arguing forum so that all the people not interested can ignore it. 

deepsoup 27 Mar 2019
In reply to arch:

> Could we have a seperate section for these topics, please, pretty please. It's all a bit tedious now and this is a climbing/hiking forum after all.

There are two separate sections for off-topic blether already - this is one of them, and the pub is the other.

If you'd rather just see threads about climbing and hiking go to 'user options' under 'user' up there^^ top right, click the 'forums' tab and un-tick "off belay" and "the pub" (and anything else that doesn't interest you).

OP arch 27 Mar 2019
In reply to deepsoup:

The "Pub" and "Off belay" sections do interest me. Sadly, Brexit topics dont.  

Besides, If i ignore those two sections, I 'd miss some of the Lemmings crackers...............

Post edited at 19:56
 Ramblin dave 27 Mar 2019
In reply to deepsoup:

I do think that "off topic" vs "religious / political shouting" would be a more useful divide than "off topic" vs "also off topic but it gets deleted after a while" though... 

Moley 27 Mar 2019

> It's also probably the most important political decision that will be taken in your lifetime.

My attention span has fallen off after 2 years and my lifetime may well have ended before a political decision is reached.

Ridge 27 Mar 2019

HVS means HVS...

Trangia 27 Mar 2019
In reply to stevieb:

> I agree. I take part in the brexit stuff but don’t know why there isn’t a separate politics / religion / arguing forum so that all the people not interested can ignore it. 

Well you can ignore such topics anyway - all that you have to do is to refrain from clicking on anything that doesn't interest you. It's already within your control.

stevieb 27 Mar 2019
In reply to Trangia:

> Well you can ignore such topics anyway - all that you have to do is to refrain from clicking on anything that doesn't interest you. It's already within your control.

No, like I say, I’m happy to join in, but plenty of forum users aren’t. 

deepsoup 28 Mar 2019
In reply to arch:

Tell you what then, I'll read the brexit threads for you if you read the Lemming threads for me.

Let's just both ignore the Lemming's brexit threads.

Dax H 28 Mar 2019
In reply to arch:

Is this really a climbing forum though? I am the first to admit I don't climb much anymore but I visit this forum pretty much every day just for the shear wealth of information on here. The range of topics that get discussed is staggering and there is loads of interesting information and view point's put  forward. In my opinion it is by far the best general forum on the Internet (that I have found) . My only criticism is I sometimes find it a bit too far to the left in here but that's not a bad thing. 

jethro kiernan 28 Mar 2019
In reply to Dax H:

Maybe being well informed about a range of social, historical and practical matters with a dash of empathy and willingness to share naturally makes you left leaning possibly

Dax H 28 Mar 2019
In reply to jethro kiernan:

People on the right are as willing to listen and learn and share as people on the left. It's only the extreme ends of the spectrum that are intolerant of others views.

For my part I am very left in some cases and very right in others and often land in the middle on a lot of things. 

Offwidth 28 Mar 2019
In reply to Ridge:

I see what you did there given HVS seems to mean all manner of things: from an orderly path to a life changing horror show that some fans swear is all OK really.

nufkin 28 Mar 2019
In reply to arch:

>  Could we have a seperate section for these topics, please

And can we make suggestions for what icon UKC should use for Brexit threads on the forum?

john arran 28 Mar 2019
In reply to nufkin:

> And can we make suggestions for what icon UKC should use for Brexit threads on the forum?

well it would have to have either a solitary bone protruding from its head, or a chocolate buttercream filling.

balmybaldwin 28 Mar 2019
In reply to arch:

> Could we have a seperate section for these topics, please, pretty please. It's all a bit tedious now and this is a climbing/hiking forum after all.

No it's not... it's an off-belay forum, if you want climbing related stuff there's lots of other forums:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rocktalk/

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/bouldering/ 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/hilltalk/

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/walls+training/

etc

/pedant

stevieb 28 Mar 2019
In reply to nufkin:

> And can we make suggestions for what icon UKC should use for Brexit threads on the forum?

A rampant unicorn on a rainbow background?

nufkin 29 Mar 2019
In reply to stevieb:

An Escheresque staircase seems increasingly appropriate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...