UKC

A4 saloon as climbing (bouldering?) car?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Last 11 Feb 2018

Hello.

Can anyone who's had one of these tell me how they are space wise in the back? I was thinking of getting an A4 Avant but have seen an s-line come up for good price and good mileage with new clutch/DMF and Cam belt/water pump bit it's a saloon. I had an A3 previously and was able to get a load of pads in there, but obviously it'll be more restrictive but greater space overall with a saloon. Any thoughts from previous owners?

Cheers.

balmybaldwin 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Tom Last:

not sure on saloon, but the avant did'nt used to be wide enough for pads (e.g. BD dropzone) to go sideways in the car due to wheel arches bulging into the boot... but this may have changed in the 10 years since I've looked in them

OP Tom Last 11 Feb 2018
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Ah right, interesting. Thank you  

balmybaldwin 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Tom Last:

Just take your pad along to any test drives

OP Tom Last 11 Feb 2018
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Ha, might just do that.

Y Gribin 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Tom Last: in terms of space, the saloon is a lot more limited that the Avant due to the narrow opening (even though the seats go down). An A3 Sportback would be better (space wise) than the saloon as well.

Make sure you’re happy with the S Line’s hard ride (test it on some normal potholed roads not the smooth track the salesman will take you down!). And make sure you don’t mind Audi’s offset pedals - they gave me backache!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...