UKC

Ancient architecture and engineering?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Afternoon.

I'm interested in ancient mysteries,  cultures and religions. I often watch a fair few YouTube documentaries and program on such things.  

Now I don't really go for the all out ancient alien ideas that are peddled on many of the channels and programs.  When I was younger and more naive maybe. 

I can't rule it out , sure like a lot of things however I can only speculate on likely probabilities.

I do however think there is growing evidence that the human race has been present on earth in some form or another for a far longer time than the mainstream currently recognises. And that a vast cataclysm causing the younger dryas event 13.5 ish thousand years ago was one such event that reset civilization. The survivors inherited the earth and lots of legacy artifacts.

Anyway besides all that one such fascinating place I discovered about a year ago is the Serapeum of Saqqara. This place is totally unreal .

I can't for the life of me understand how these granite boxes could have been quarried, transported, carved and finished in the manner they are and one can only guess at the function. 

Highly unlikely to be sarcophagus.

I can't really do the place justice or explain here the mindboggling complexity of such a task.  

Here is a YouTube series about the place and the boxes.  I consider this one of the best channels for research on these structures I've come across.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb1MDIWaJM6n-cjegE-92AYMeUysaeTVw

Hopefully some might find it as interesting as I have.   

TWS

Post edited at 16:20
 Lankyman 06 Jul 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Why do these self-proclaimed experts always assume that people in the past had no initiative, skill or ingenuity? Von Daniken used exactly the same 'argument' decades ago - these structures are so impossibility difficult to make that they must surely have been made by ancient spacemen. He was an early example of fake news to make a dollar. Even when he was very quickly debunked he still had loons praising his insights. Making a huge stone box is very difficult and requires expert masonry skills but it's not rocket science. The pyramids are orders of magnitude larger and, similarly are constructed to amazing degrees of tolerance. They certainly weren't built by aliens or a pre-diluvian civilization. The precursors to the Great Pyramid were built in the preceding few generations and show a definite progression in skills, organisation and ambition. The Egyptians were master craftsmen and had millennia of experience to hone their skills and record their achievements in hieroglyphs. Read around the subject for the real explanation to these 'mysteries'. In the main you'll find rational and reasonable evidence hard-won by real experts who've worked long and hard at their subjects.

john arran 06 Jul 2020

> I do however think there is growing evidence that the human race has been present on earth in some form or another for a far longer time than the mainstream currently recognises. And that a vast cataclysm causing the younger dryas event 13.5 ish thousand years ago was one such event that reset civilization. The survivors inherited the earth and lots of legacy artifacts.

Well given that the "mainstream" currently appears to recognise that humans have been around for 200,000 years or more, I'm not sure your point stands up to scrutiny.

If you're actually referring to human civilisations rather than the human race per se, then I look forward to seeing the archaeological records that would be necessary to give your suggestion even the slightest hint of credibility.

yeti 06 Jul 2020

It's amazing what people can do when they're not watching tv or glued to the internet

look up Genevieve von Petzinger's ted talk on the 32 symbols

fascinating stuff

yeti

Lankyman 06 Jul 2020
In reply to yeti:

Interesting. I've seen lots of 'cup and ring' type marks and spirals on prehistoric carved stones all over northern England and southern Scotland. I know they are far later than G Von P's symbols but I've never heard of any definite explanation. There are some good examples on the Langdale boulders near Chapel Stile.

mondite 07 Jul 2020

The primary problem is why dont we have some evidence of this lost civilisation? Given that it would have probably needed agriculture to support it then why dont we see the evidence in the crop genome going back beyond the current mainstream views around when cities started?

For the Eqyptians. As Lankyman says they had generations to get good at it and a large number of workers available. At times you can see regression in the skill displayed around the times the country runs into trouble and hence cant easily maintain those skilled workers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...