UKC

Car Prang

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 12 Feb 2018

Our car was parked up outside a friends house and one of their neighbours ran in to it quite sharply on the drives side. 

Drivers door, sill, wheel and bump all mangled. Drivers door not really shutting and feels very light to drive, suspension damaged likely. 

Swapped details and the our insurance confirm they will deal with it without any impact to NCB or our excess. Its within our policy they will sort us out with a car whilst they are having it mended at no cost. 

I thought this would be a rental car company, but its a firm called Auxillis Limited. I've never heard of any views? if we wanted could we use a mainstream rental firm and send our insurance the bill? 

Gordonbp 12 Feb 2018
In reply to goldmember:

Looks like they are a repair and courtesy car hire company used by your insurance company. 

https://www.auxillis.com

Dax H 12 Feb 2018
In reply to goldmember:

Why bother with the hassle, if your insurance is providing a car just take it. My advice though is check it very carefully and make sure any damage no matter how slight is documented on the hire paperwork and photograph everything too. 

In reply to goldmember:

Also double check the no claims thing. More often than not, they'll keep your no claims bonus but bump your premium anyway as you've been 'involved in an accident'. Not a lot you can do about that though aside from doing outside of insurers and keeping quiet.

In reply to goldmember:

As has been mentioned below, Auxillus are a credit hire company, essentially, you are taking out a credit agreement with them, but they will claim the cost back from the other person's insurers.

Not that it sounds like there's any chance in this instance, but there's a possibility that, if Auxillus don't get all of their money back for the hire, they can come to you for it. 

Steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...