UKC

Does 'Silent Roar' Cat Deterrent Work? Or Any Other Methods?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 29 Jun 2013

I don't mind cats as individuals too much, but the local cats all seem to see the wood chipped garden for my new home as a nice place to poo, and parts of it stink of cat poo, and one or two pester the birds.

Ha anybody found Silent Roar to work?

I'm going to plant some pointy sticks where they seem to poop most for the time being, so they can't sit down at all comfortably.

Ta,

Tim

andymac 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Timmd:

A Gatling gun is what you want.

seen one on Ebay last night
Jim C 29 Jun 2013
In reply to andymac:
> (In reply to Timmd)
>
> A Gatling gun is what you want.
>
> seen one on Ebay last night

Watch yourself, I made a comment about cats that cause problems for neighbours on here, recently. ( I still have the bruises)

Maybe it is because of this:-
http://cap-news.com/story.php?id=201105002
OP Timmd 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Timmd: Currently digging the woodchip into the soil, which is getting rid of the festering cat poo which is lingering and turning white as it ages, which will help with the smell, but they're bound to come back again...
 Mark Kemball 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Timmd: A powerful water pistol will do the trick (if you catch them in the act).
OP Timmd 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Timmd: any non interactive methods would be welcome, where I don't have to sit in wait.

Ta.
 The Lemming 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Timmd:

I have been told of two options and can confirm that one had a 100% success rate.

The first one is to get some lion poo from a zoo. I've heard it works.

The second involves throwing scalding water over the cat. I know somebody who did this and confirmed that the cat never came into his garden again.

I just let my dog loose into my garden and watch the cats run as fast as their little legs will take them. Its either that, or let the cats eat the birds which feed in my garden.
OP Timmd 29 Jun 2013
In reply to The Lemming: Apparently befriending then putting English mustard on the bottom of a cat works as well, but i'd never do anything cruel to a cat. (I wonder if anybody who would might like a poke in the eye? Probably not, and we do loads of damage to ecosystems and other species.)
the real slim shady 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Timmd: can't believe it's taken over 3 hours...

youtube.com/watch?v=goZ2DqMnaGc&

Have fun
 Queenie 29 Jun 2013
In reply to the real slim shady:

Magnifique!
OP Timmd 02 Jul 2013
In reply to Timmd:

It works! Silent Roar actually works!!!

Hardly any cats are coming into my garden now, and the one which does looks at soil where it used to poo, and has a sniff then keeps strictly to the stepping stones through my garden, and jumps up the wall.

Ha haa haaaaaaa.... Happy Days.. ()
 tallsteve 02 Jul 2013
In reply to Timmd:

Check out the kids walking past your house. Notice the frowns and grimaces as they stare at your windows. The word "silent" only applies to us old folk. The guy down the road from us is now widely disliked by the kids in the street. He has three "silent" cast scarers in his front garden.
 Dan_S 02 Jul 2013
In reply to tallsteve:

Silent roar is Lion poo, rather than a high frequency sonic deterrent.

Tall Clare 02 Jul 2013
In reply to Timmd:

Another option might be some plants that are now being marketed as cat deterrents - can't remember off the top of my head what they're called.
 nniff 02 Jul 2013
In reply to Timmd:

We have one cat in our garden - it belongs to us. We also have one Border Terrier. Between the two of them they keep intruders out and our cat dares not soil the garden because the dog sees that as prime time for taking advantage of the cat. Sadly, the cat does not take simialr advantage of the dog, which means regular 'poo patrols' with trowel and plastic bag.
estivoautumnal 02 Jul 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to Timmd)
>
>
> I just let my dog loose into my garden and watch the cats run as fast as their little legs will take them. Its either that, or let the cats eat the birds which feed in my garden.

That's the method I use. It's also the funniest.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...