UKC

Engineering safe roads Norwegian style

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

youtube.com/watch?v=afI58PRmTJ0&

Published on 16 Dec 2009

A helicopter smacks down a rock off a cliff face to eliminate a rock fall hazard for the road below. The helicopter then displays its dominance of the Fjord by urinating all over the rock face. This is done to loosen and remove any remaining small rocks that may fail at another time and cream a volvo or saab on the road below.

Worth a watch with such a good description .

They should do this at Horseshoe , mind you the whole place might fall down .

TWS

Post edited at 14:55
 pneame 29 Mar 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

How cool.

I suppose it's just like any other job - boring after a while

Some of the best trundling anywhere in Norway. 

wbo 29 Mar 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':there's a weekly reality series about these guys on Norwegian TV.  It's not actually that exciting - they don't seem to have the same charisma as the blokes who do the program on winter tow truck driving

Dax H 29 Mar 2019

I had a helicopter lesson once, incredibly difficult to keep the things in the air. I can't imagine how hard it must be with the weight shift of the wrecking ball swinging below it. 

Lusk 29 Mar 2019
In reply to pneame:

> How cool.

> I suppose it's just like any other job - boring after a while

I can honestly say, that's a job I would never get bored with

DerwentDiluted 30 Mar 2019

Wow, and to think some people on here get aerated if you get too frisky with a toothbrush on Trackside.

timjones 30 Mar 2019
In reply to Dax H:

> I had a helicopter lesson once, incredibly difficult to keep the things in the air. I can't imagine how hard it must be with the weight shift of the wrecking ball swinging below it. 

When I had a trial lesson I  found it quite easy to keep it in the air, getting it back onto the ground in one piece was the tricky bit

Post edited at 08:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...