UKC

Getting photos off an old phone SIM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Moacs 03 Oct 2023

This thread:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/destinations/camino_del_rey_access-764448

reminded me that I have an old phone in a drawer that's been kept solely because it has on it the photos of me and the lad going along Camino del Rei when it was in it's final decay - a grand day out.

As the Camino is no more, I'd love to get my hands on the photos...but the sim says it's too full/old/unsupported to do anything with them.

Any advice?

Powley 03 Oct 2023
In reply to Moacs:

I'd have thought the photos would be on the phones internal storage. Couldn't you use Bluetooth to transfer those photos to your existing phone?

In reply to Moacs:

As previous reply. Photos are stored on the phone itself.

Edit: All older camera photos I’ve had had software to transfer photos to a pc. If you have the lead to connect maybe any pc nowadays will be able to identify that photos are on the phone and be able to transfer them?

Post edited at 19:56
 Lankyman 03 Oct 2023
In reply to Moacs:

I did this with my old phone just recently. It was tricky because the old one was very unstable at the time, apps popping off everywhere. To do it I used an insitu app on both phones (android) called ShareMe. I think there was a QR code in the process as well which I had to scan using the older phone. Are your photos backed up on Google?

OP Moacs 03 Oct 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

>  Are your photos backed up on Google?

Sadly not...otherwise no problem

Lankyman 03 Oct 2023
In reply to Moacs:

I should add that I also had the phones physically connected with a cable. Actually it was one cable plus a short adaptor/connector I had to buy for a few quid as both phones have the same (micro?) USB ports.

tallsteve 04 Oct 2023
In reply to Moacs:

Make, model, age?

Does it have an SD card you can remove?  The photos won't be on the SIM it was used for contacts and text storage only as it had limited storage.  In older phones the SD card was often under/near the battery and required the back popping off.  Many laptops/PCs have an SD card reader as mine does.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...