UKC

Honesty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 16 May 2017
JC is closer to the average Brit than TM. Strange but actually true. Money. Rules the world! Ask Trump
 Stichtplate 16 May 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Of course, public school Jeremy , who grew up in a Manor House is just your average bloke .
 Ridge 16 May 2017

How do you arrive at that conclusion? The average Brit, (whatever that is), usually doesn't get involved in student politics, hold the same political views he did at 16 and spend his life shouting the same slogans without compromise. (Or pretend singing rebel songs with John McDonnel down the student union has magically contributed to the peace process in NI).

I'm well aware that the mainstream press are doing a hatchet job on Corbyn, whilst trying to make one of our most incompetant Home Secretaries look like a 'strong and stable' world leader.

Believe me, neither of them are close to me.
Lusk 16 May 2017
Take That 'Rule the World'.

However, this looks interesting ... https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/280531/who-rules-the-world/

and Ridge ... Believe me, neither of them are close to me.

Nor me!
Post edited at 20:31
 elliott92 16 May 2017

Lol
 Ridge 16 May 2017
In reply to Lusk:

> Take That 'Rule the World'.

Not Tears for Fears?

Postmanpat 16 May 2017

> JC is closer to the average Brit than TM. Strange but actually true. Money. Rules the world! Ask Trump

Fake news.....
Lusk 16 May 2017
In reply to Ridge:

> Not Tears for Fears?

Please! No!
 Dave Garnett 16 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Of course, public school Jeremy , who grew up in a Manor House is just your average bloke .

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7486545,-2.3595145,3a,75y,10.23h,90t/data...

It's a nice house, but hardly the stately home implied by 'manor' even if that is what it's called on the OS map.

He did go to prep school though, which is more of a social signifier, I'd have said. The fact that after this and grammar school he only managed two E's is also interesting.

The big clue is that he then went to a poly for a Trade Union Studies course but left because he argued with his tutors over the curriculum. Looks as if then, as now, he was better at talking than listening.
 Big Ger 16 May 2017

> JC is closer to the average Brit than TM. Strange but actually true. Money. Rules the world! Ask Trump

Do you wake up in the morning with these bizarre concepts fully formed, or do you take conspiracy classes?

pec 16 May 2017
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> The fact that after this and grammar school he only managed two E's is also interesting. >

Is that code for 'a bit thick'?
 Stichtplate 16 May 2017
In reply to pec:

Many of my friends managed a lot more than just a couple of E's after we'd left school in the late 80's.
 GrantM 16 May 2017
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7486545,-2.3595145,3a,75y,10.23h,90t/data... a nice house, but hardly the stately home implied by 'manor' even if that is what it's called on the OS map.

It's not really visible from the roadside on Google street view:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/739698/Jeremy-Corbyn-s-lavish-childhood-ho...
In reply to GrantM:
Lol at some replies. I wake up in the morning, have a fresh coffee and think F@#k me. Lol

An average is usually a useless, meaningless statistic. What is your definition of 'average' person?

As for the choice between either, TM or JC, which is the lesser evil? I know the answer to that one, but I don't read the mail, the sun , have more than two EEs and am not a career politician.

I simply wish the world was simpler and fairer. It ain't.

God help us if everyone gives us 4 more years of Tory rule. BTW. If I could afford a tank I'd buy one, fully armed, and guess where I would take it? And no, this reply isn't a troll.

Any tank owners, please mail me.....
Post edited at 02:37
 FactorXXX 17 May 2017

As for the choice between either, TM or JC, which is the lesser evil? I know the answer to that one, but I don't read the mail, the sun , have more than two EEs and am not a career politician.

Teresa May has got a pair of EEs...
 Dave Garnett 17 May 2017
In reply to pec:

> Is that code for 'a bit thick'?

Maybe, although to me it suggests a teenage hubris that he knows best and won't be told otherwise. No real sign of his having grown out of it.

On the other hand, what you see does seem to what you get...
 Ridge 17 May 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Teresa May has got a pair of EEs...

Showing your age there
 GrantM 17 May 2017

> Lol at some replies. I wake up in the morning, have a fresh coffee and think F@#k me. LolAn average is usually a useless, meaningless statistic. What is your definition of 'average' person?

What's your definition, since you brought it up?
 Greasy Prusiks 17 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

I've never understood the argument that someone whos parents had money can't be truly left wing. I don't like Corbyn but even I wouldn't have expected him (aged 4 and a half) to tell his parents that prep school is a tool of the bourgeoisie and actually he'd rather go picketing.

You never hear the argument the other way either, "Oh she's not truly a tory because she once went in a greggs" or "How can Theresa truly understand the needs of the one percent when she knows how to use an argos". Bit strange really.

(And yes for the hard of humour I am joking)
 Stichtplate 17 May 2017
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

I'm in agreement with you on all counts. My reply was more a flip reaction to ice doctors increasingly left field missives. I'm not a fan of JC or TM , but would like an effective opposition.
In reply to GrantM:
Average. Perhaps not found on UKC. I don't think there is any such thing as average person, nor even a normal person. There are lots of disillusioned, angry people in the UK tho.

BTW, not being average, I wouldn't know how to accurately definite it. Is it maybe person who works for living, has children, drives a car, no University degree? You tell me.....

I'd say principles are more important than exam grades.

Have I just contradicted my original OP?
Post edited at 17:41
Jim C 17 May 2017

>....If I could afford a tank I'd buy one, fully armed, and guess where I would take it? And no, this reply isn't a troll.Any tank owners, please mail me.....

Be careful , your posts are monitored and in these times of terrorism the Mods are very possibly now passing your 'threat' on to the authorities who will no doubt crash down your door and arrest you

FactorXXX 17 May 2017

If it helps, I've got an above average number of legs.
 Stichtplate 17 May 2017

> Lol at some replies. I wake up in the morning, have a fresh coffee and think F@#k me. Lol

Genuinely glad your getting a laugh out of this. I for one, enjoy most of your posts. Though I admit , some are a bit left field for me.
 GrahamD 17 May 2017

No value judgement on either candidate but I don't want an "average Brit" to be running the country. I want one that is considerably above average.
In reply to GrahamD:
There's only one problem with your statement. I would prefer someone who is well balanced, actually unbaised and unlinked to corporations, Ms May and her husband are ultra capitalists, they are closely tied into financial institutions. I also don't want the UK to be dragged into another futile war.

Bank deregulations actually screwed the tax payer through bail outs funded by us not so long ago. Who really won?The system was never actually properly fixed, it's a matter of time before there is another collapse. When are people on here going to accept that capitalism is failing, it is a model that needs replacing. If 1% of the population of the planet control 99% of the wealth, how is that equitable to all, offering fair governance of the world's population?

I would like to see some new ideas, mankind is supposedly intelligent, can't governments start to offer future generations more hope, fairness, humanity, instead of placing targets and financial values on everything. We are at risk of dehumanising society through technology, bio engineering, gene chemistry and robotics. We have less control, freedom and liberties in certain ways than we ever had through surveillance and are coming up with fewer solutions, other than colonising Mars.

Perhaps you don't think about the future of mankind. I do, and to be honest I find it scary, if you don't I would be questioning your own state of mind.

Goodnight.
Post edited at 23:01
 Ridge 17 May 2017

> Perhaps you don't think about the future of mankind. I do, and to be honest I find it scary, if you don't I would be questioning your own state of mind.Goodnight.

Being serious for a brief moment, dwelling on the 'future of mankind' can lead to some very dark thoughts. Whilst the fundamental 'big questions' about human existence are very profound, thinking about them too much isn't good for anyone's mental health. I'm not being snarky or insulting here, but maybe take a bit of a step back.
 GrahamD 18 May 2017

I do think about the future and I hope it isn't led by mediocrity. Its not a political statement. Its about competence of leadership. I'm not making any judgement on the current bunch on offer
 Postmanpat 18 May 2017
> There's only one problem with your statement. I would prefer someone who is well balanced, actually unbaised and unlinked to corporations, Ms May and her husband are ultra capitalists, they are closely tied into financial institutions.
>
Well that's the 63% of the workforce employed in the private sector (and their partners) ruled out then.

Why do you think people in the public sector are unbiased?
Post edited at 08:26
PhantomDislike 18 May 2017

!o)
 Stichtplate 18 May 2017

I don't fear for the future over the human race overly much. Taking a historical perspective, people are getting materially wealthier and are slowly becoming a little more civilised in their beliefs and behaviour (obvious exceptions apply). The majority of the crap going on in the world is down to stupidity or greed, not malice.
Think about your own interactions with people, myself, I find most people are essentially decent, most of the time.
In reply to Jim C:
> >....If I could afford a tank I'd buy one, fully armed, and guess where I would take it? And no, this reply isn't a troll.Any tank owners, please mail me.....Be careful , your posts are monitored and in these times of terrorism the Mods are very possibly now passing your 'threat' on to the authorities who will no doubt crash down your door and arrest you

Jim, a tank on ebay costs £35 for a Tamiya model, 50,000 USD buys me T72 from Russia, costs another 30,000 USD to refurb it.

Do you think they'd simply let me into the country using the Chunnel, then allow me to drive through customs?

" And whats with the tank?" ," Documents please"

What happened to freedom of speech? I am not inciting hatred, or preaching from a mosque. ( Smiles profusely while typing)

Let them monitor me, do you think I am bothered?????
Post edited at 23:21
In reply to Postmanpat:
> > Well that's the 63% of the workforce employed in the private sector (and their partners) ruled out then. Why do you think people in the public sector are unbiased?

Superb reply. Is our government really acting for the common good of the people, or for a few billionaires, the odd thousand millionaires and society shapeshifters behind the scenes?

Once the votes have been cast, we have no control. Not that we really have any real control anyway......Look around at the CCTV, the 'security'.......

Most people in the UK prefer to get blind drunk than rather change things......all the protesting in the world hasn't changed the system yet, and turn on the TV to see the latest riots all over the world ( if they are being reported or seen as newsworthy), over the unfairness of the capitalist model...( or the corruption therein of)
Post edited at 23:28

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...