UKC

J and J talc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pefa 21 Mar 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44816805
Do you continue to use this product after this court case finding came to light/ would you use this product in the future ? I'm just asking as it was always in our house but after i seen this i binned it and now a member of my family has bought some and uses it in our bathroom and i'm uncomfortable about it.

subtle 21 Mar 2019
In reply to Pefa:

I bet they use Roundup as well in the garden!

toad 21 Mar 2019
In reply to Pefa: like the roundup controversy, this is based on an american jury verdict, rather than evidence. I think it says more about the persuasivness of the plaintiffs attorney(?) Than the robustness of the evidence.

Not to say that there isn't a causal link, rather that this case doesn't prove one

gethin_allen 21 Mar 2019
In reply to Pefa:

I'd still use it if I need to.

Did you hear what these women were doing with the talc? and the fact that they were applying it in this way for decades. Any sensible person using just a light dusting and applying it away from orifices will be fine. 

gethin_allen 21 Mar 2019
In reply to subtle:

> I bet they use Roundup as well in the garden!

And if they use small quantities infrequently while adhering to the manufacturers guidance then they will most likely be absolutely fine. If they are working with it in bulk on a daily basis as the few test case plaintiffs have done then they are probably less safe.

It's like someone going to a moderately loud gig once in a while compared to the bassist in a rock band who stands in front of a drum kit and a speaker stack for 2 hours every night. Which one's going to be deaf if PPE isn't used.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...