UKC

Laptop battery supplier recommendation?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 18 Feb 2021

Hive mind...

I need a replacement battery for a Dell Latitude 5480. Type is 93FTF.

Plenty of online third-party suppliers (plus of course paying top dollar for one from Dell, which gets VERY patchy reviews).

I don't know who are the good, the bad and the ugly of the third-party suppliers. Any recommendations (or advice to avoid) based on personal experience, will be welcomed.

Andy Johnson 18 Feb 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I replaced the battery in an old Toshiba laptop with one from https://www.laptopbatteries.co.uk/. I've been using it for over a year and have had no problems. The price was reasonable but not too cheap.

Post edited at 13:06
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Thanks, battery for my model is not showing on their site (possibly listed under a different model that it also fits?) so I've sent them an enquiry. 

HardenClimber 19 Feb 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I got a greencell battery (which seems quite a well regarded 'brand') from battery empire for a dell xps.

All worked well, and am pleased.   The battery did come from Poland, which wasn't obvious (it's not hidden - nothing dodgy) from the site (added a couple of days to delivery time), - an issue last year.....

Post edited at 08:35
In reply to HardenClimber:

Thanks - country of (shipping) origin I guess could play a factor here if I want to minimise any hassle getting it "released" from customs who may or may not make a song and dance about Li-ion etc. Harumph! 

Street 20 Feb 2021
In reply to HardenClimber:

I've had a fair few batteries from Battery Empire for work over the last couple years and touch wood haven't had a single issue with any of them.

I had a pair turn up at the start of this week and the delivery time was about two weeks from Poland. They're definitely a step above the Chinese batteries and not as extortionately priced as batteries from the manufacturers either.

Battery Empire don't stock one for a 5480 but thanks for the recommendations anyway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...