UKC

Quitters, winning friends and influencing people

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Will nobody think of the children?

Pounds worth of damage will be caused in Yorkshire.

But on a serious note, at least we will have a better expectation of a No-Deal Brexit and how it will affect British roads clogged up at ferry ports.

DerwentDiluted 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

A go slow on the M1?

Who'd know?

OP Andy Hardy 18 Mar 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

I'm thinking probably anyone wanting to go to the people's vote march on Saturday traveling via the M1

Coincidence?

kevin stephens 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

The Yorkshire Brexit Action Group’s Facebook page is hilarious 

https://m.facebook.com/Yorkshire-Brexit-Action-Group-516698528736093/?tsid=...

In reply to kevin stephens:

I'm not laughing.

Ian W 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> I'm thinking probably anyone wanting to go to the people's vote march on Saturday traveling via the M1

> Coincidence?

Nah. We'll just walk there from the North East......

jkarran 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Ay, likely 100+ coaches southbound 0730, 0800 past Sheff/Doncaster, no coincidence. Everyone has a right to protest I suppose, bit scummy if your protest is designed to deny that right to others though.

Jk

Removed User 18 Mar 2019
In reply to jkarran:

> Ay, likely 100+ coaches southbound 0730, 0800 past Sheff/Doncaster, no coincidence. Everyone has a right to protest I suppose, bit scummy if your protest is designed to deny that right to others though.

> Jk

<irony> Well JK I think the pro Brexit lobby have every right to show their complete commitment and belief in democracy and the right to peaceful protest.

In reply to Removed User:

Interesting, because not only are you being ironic (which I think's rather dangerous on the internet in that it can backfire on you), but what they are doing has a strong element of dramatic irony.

PS. Which I think's your point

Post edited at 21:32
In reply to Andy Hardy:

I have no truck with them.

Regards

WTH

Removed User 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

It is Gordon.

Removed User 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

March details here: https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

In reply to Removed User:

Hope I didn't come across as being a bit dim

Luke90 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Following Farage's hilariously poorly attended march, this kind of event strikes me as a tacit admission that they can't actually gather enough people for a normal protest so they're changing tactics to something that can get attention without needing many people to commit.

> The Yorkshire Brexit Action Group’s Facebook page is hilarious 

They have a sorry amount of 'likes' on their page - 16 for the announcement of their plot to disrupt the infrastructure of the UK. A handful of spiteful thicko's holding everyone to ransom.

The Lemming 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Luke90:

> Following Farage's hilariously poorly attended march, this kind of event strikes me as a tacit admission that they can't actually gather enough people for a normal protest so they're changing tactics to something that can get attention without needing many people to commit.

Bit like being leader of a Political Party and never being elected to government?

How incompetent must a man be to frighten the Conservative Party, yet unable to persuade the plebs to vote him into the House of Commons?

Granted he was an MEP. Surely that is the very nature of an oxymoron?

Post edited at 22:15
In reply to Luke90:

> Following Farage's hilariously poorly attended march, this kind of event strikes me as a tacit admission that they can't actually gather enough people for a normal protest so they're changing tactics to something that can get attention without needing many people to commit.

Tacit admission it may be, but if it goes ahead it could very well be further up the news than the expected hundreds of thousands marching in London. Asymmetric campaigning, is, after all what brought us to this point, and the kippers have been at it a long time.

kevin stephens 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

You’re giving them too much credit, from the FB page it’s just half a dozen blokes sounding off around the pub table. If they do their go slow I doubt anyone will notice, except maybe traffic cops if they’re bored

OP Andy Hardy 19 Mar 2019

Maybe, but even 6 trucks driven at 5mph for a couple of hours blocking all the lanes on the M1 would cause massive tailbacks

summo 19 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

A forced go slow...  I thought most of roads in the north already had that. They are dreadfully over crowded etc..  

In reply to The Lemming:

"How incompetent must a man be to frighten the Conservative Party, yet unable to persuade the plebs to vote him into the House of Commons?"

Love him or loathe him, Farage is anything but incompetent. He has been remarkably effective in his mission, and all from a position of never being elected to a seat in parliament. This isn't an endorsement of my support, just an observation on the use of the word incompetent to describe him. Effective would have been a better word to use.

OP Andy Hardy 19 Mar 2019
In reply to summo:

It's not just the north of England, it's pretty much the whole of the UK motorway network is near, at or above designed capacity.

The Lemming 19 Mar 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Good point.

Maybe he should fade into the background and take Boris with him?

Northern Star 19 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Another Brexit own goal?

jkarran 19 Mar 2019
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> They have a sorry amount of 'likes' on their page - 16 for the announcement of their plot to disrupt the infrastructure of the UK.

If they plan well and show up 16 is all it takes to grind the A1, M1 and M6 to a near standstill in both directions with a rolling roadblock. As we can assume it's only southbound they're interested in then they have more than enough to choke the country's N/S arterial roads.

One person nightly cutting down pylons with an angle grinder could set the news agenda for a month. Asymmetric warfare/protest is hard to live with and very hard to prevent, that's its power.

jk

Post edited at 09:26
 kevin stephens 19 Mar 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

That would be illegal. The police will already be onto this and collar them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...