UKC

TV news reporters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gone for good 16 Jun 2017
I'm sitting here watching the BBC breakfast news and my Daughter asks why is the news presenter being so aggressive and angry?
(Charlie Stayt is interviewing Sajid Javid about the Grenfell Tower fire)
How do I explain to her that everyone thinks they are an expert, everyone has an opinion, everyone want to lay blame and this causes them to behave like attack dogs probing for weaknesses and hoping to expose flaws in interviews and statements. I appreciate this is a sensitive time and a lot of people are very angry but surely our news reporters should remain calm and impartial rather than trying to whip up even more anger and hatred which is what he seemed to be trying to do.
 Skyfall 16 Jun 2017
In reply to Gone for good:

That interview did seem particularly unnecessarily aggressive, looking for a scoop etc, rather than balanced questioning.

I agree, but unfortunately it's fairly typical of the line of questioning you now seem to get in many BBC interviews -- for the chap on the receiving end it must be a bit like dealing with some half-cut twt down the pub on a Friday night.

Some politicians are stirring things in a disturbing way too, looking for scapegoats, and trying to further their own anti-corporate agenda.
 buzby 16 Jun 2017

it did seem overly aggressive but sometimes I think politicians and the like don't help themselves, at one point he kept repeating the question if more high rises are found to be dangerous will all residents immediately be relocated.
the guy obviously didn't know the answer to that so just say you don't know at this stage instead of waffling.
not every question has a yes or no answer/.
 Postmanpat 16 Jun 2017
In reply to wurzelinzummerset:

> I agree, but unfortunately it's fairly typical of the line of questioning you now seem to get in many BBC interviews -- for the chap on the receiving end it must be a bit like dealing with some half-cut twt down the pub on a Friday night.

>
Good description of John Humphrey's who's been doing his angry cabbie routine with Sadiq Khan this morning.
Gone for good 16 Jun 2017
In reply to buzby:

Well, exactly but if he said "I don't know the answer to that at this stage" he would have probably been flamed even more.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...