UKC

What to wear to a job interview with Princes Trust

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JonnoMaude 02 Aug 2012
I have an interview for a job with the Princes Trust. For all my previous jobs but the one i'm in currently, I have opted for a suit and it was always appropriate. The job i'm in currently as an Instructor was a 3 day interview, and the formal part was in amongst a day of activity so I was in simple climbing kit, but that was the setting

This job will be using my outdoor quals, but also experience from other jobs and am trying to work out if turning up in a suit is overkill, or does it send the message that I'm taking this seriously. I'm keen to present well, but don't know if a suit is always the best thing?
 minimike 02 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy: if its an office based interview, rather than any specified outdoor stuff, i cant see a suit being overkill. Just taking it seroiusly and looking professional...
 stonemaster 02 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy: Wear the suit, have your climbing stuff in kit bag. Good luck.
 alj 02 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy:

I'd definitely say a suit. I don't think you can ever overdo it in an interview - but you can definitely underdo it.

Good Luck
 fizz 02 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy:

Another vote for the suit, been interviewing this week and looking like you have made an effort really helps in the first few seconds of making an impression as you walk into the room. They know you have the outdoor gear you need, fitting into the office world for a short time shows you are happy to be versatile too. GOOD LUCK!
 chrisboywonder 02 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy: I worked for Fairbridge for 7 using my outdoor quals, and Fairbridge is now part of the Princes Trust. I was involved in plenty of interviews during my time working there and it always seemed to be prefered by the management that you wore a suit.

Hope that helps and hope you get the job. If it is for a job on the fairbridge part of princes trust sen me a message and maybe I can give some advice.

Chris
 Alex Slipchuk 02 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy: black tie and tevas (or suit and converse, if ,too sacred) you'll get their attention, good luck
 Sharp 03 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy: Go for the suit but "accidentally" leave a bandoleer sling around your shoulder or leave your chalk bag on. Or you could always turn up in your suit but with a helmet on too, taking the job seriously, but also taking safety seriously.
 mikekeswick 03 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy: Birthday suit......
 Alex Slipchuk 03 Aug 2012
In reply to noiseboy: i'm supprised nobody has said german army uniform or lizzrd outfit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...