UKC

Windows 7 help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 butteredfrog 16 Nov 2012
Help< gettING VERY FUSTRAited with tHIS LAPToP.

Sorry if THIS IS harD TO read.

Keep getting random applications of Caps Lock, ACCOMPANIED BY a Popup window for activatING sticky keys and fILtEr keys - ease of access center!

KEEPS OPENING NEW PAGES AS WELL, E.G. clicking on a thread in ukc will open the thread in a new page, also expanding a thread - opens new page etc.

Seems to be affecting touchpad as well.

Have tried full system scans- nothing found. Also tried system restore to last week, before problems started, with no success.

Going to work now before I loose it, answers on a postcard please (keep it simple im a luddite)

Cheers Adam

muppetfilter 16 Nov 2012
In reply to butteredfrog: I'm having the same problems, did you update it a day or so ago ? You could try a system restore back to a few weeks ago ?
 Mikkel 16 Nov 2012
In reply to butteredfrog:

sounds like a key is sticking
OP butteredfrog 16 Nov 2012
In reply to muppetfilter:

My thoughts too. Probably started monday or tuesday, restored to last week but not cured it.
In reply to Mikkel:

Possible but its only a couple of months old, will run the hoover over the keyboard (working ok at the moment)
In reply to muppetfilter:

Flash update earlier this week? Might be coincidence
 Ciro 16 Nov 2012

sounds like some liquid might have made its way under the keyboard. Sugary coffee used to be a prime candidate for a residue that caused this issue back in my days of IT support.
 ElBarto 16 Nov 2012
It's pretty much certainly a key sticking, probably the Shift key I think. Try a can of compressed air to clean it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...