UKC

Working out at work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Afternoon ,

I've recently started bringing some exercise equipment to work. Namely some push up bars and a dumbbell. Just so I can do a few reps in between jobs.

Does anyone do anything similar ?

If only I could find room for the pull up bar and finger board I'd be sorted.

TWS

Lusk 12 Jan 2017
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Fingertip pullups on door architraves, reps of 10 everytime you go through a doorway.
 John_Hat 12 Jan 2017
In reply to Lusk:

> Fingertip pullups on door architraves

Not that I've tried this (*cough*), but most modern office architraves are not strong enough unfortunately....
 gethin_allen 12 Jan 2017
In reply to John_Hat:

> Not that I've tried this (*cough*), but most modern office architraves are not strong enough unfortunately....

Same problem in a few student houses I lived in.
 Greasy Prusiks 12 Jan 2017

One of those foam grip strength things?
 summo 12 Jan 2017

if only zimpara had started this thread, it would be so much more interesting.
 Sharp 13 Jan 2017
I used to but I just did things that didn't require any equipment and mostly used it as an excuse to focus on the more mundane injury prevention/core strength routines or as a way to force me to train in a different way than I would at home. Resistance bands are easy to take to work if you need to add resistance training for something. If it suits to do a full on work out then pretty much every muscle in the body can be worked without equipment if you're creative and it has the added benefit of not making you look like the kind of guy that comes to work with a dumbbell :p

If there's no way you can use a pull up bar then upside down shoulder presses target the same muscle groups, i.e. upside down against the wall facing out and using your hands to raise and lower your body. It's quite a good one to do anyway if you do a lot of chins or pull ups because it works the oposing muscles, most people just do pull ups/chins and don't train the pushing muscles then get injured somewhere down the line because they're imbalanced. You can do pull ups under a desk (holding the edge, legs out) as well with your feet raised up on a chair. Again slightly different but targetting the same muscle groups and variety is good. It's hard keeping your core straight while you do it.
Post edited at 07:55
In reply to Sharp:

> I used to but I just did things that didn't require any equipment and mostly used it as an excuse to focus on the more mundane injury prevention/core strength routines or as a way to force me to train in a different way than I would at home. Resistance bands are easy to take to work if you need to add resistance training for something. If it suits to do a full on work out then pretty much every muscle in the body can be worked without equipment if you're creative and it has the added benefit of not making you look like the kind of guy that comes to work with a dumbbell :p

I've funnily enough just brought some resistance bands .

Pete Dangerous 13 Jan 2017

I do my antagonistics at work. It's really boring so getting paid to do it helps a little.
 Wingnut 13 Jan 2017
In reply to John_Hat:

If there's a bar across the top of the cubicle doors in the bogs, this works too. And the slight bend in some of such bars in a certain office block in Purgatory, sorry, Telford, is nothing to do with me, honest.

https://snapguide.com/guides/work-out-with-push-up-bars/

I found this for anyone that's interested.
All the moves are easy apart from the leg tucks and I can still hold them for some time.

TWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...