/ JOBS: Duty Manager, Big Rock in Milton Keynes
Big Rock Climbing in Milton Keynes has a reputation for quality climbing and community spirit. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to climb regardless of age or ability, and our climbing is designed around progression, providing a pathway from first experience to elite performance.
We are currently looking to recruit a Duty Manager to work at both Big Rock Bond in Bletchley and Big Rock Hub in Kingston, Milton Keynes. This isn’t your normal nine to five job! We are looking for enthusiastic, diligent, passionate and motivated individuals to join our management team working across two sites. The position will be permanent and full time (40 hours a week), with daytime, evening, and weekend shifts required. Supplementary instructional work may also be available.
Ideally you will have experience working within the leisure industry or mixed activity centre, managing a small team. You should have the ability to express yourself with confidence to both customers and a staff team, have excellent customer service skills, and be able to nurture and inspire both new and existing climbers alike.
As Duty Manager you will be responsible for opening and closing the centre and ensuring safe and efficient operation. This will include various tasks and responsibilities: H&S policies, money handling, bookings for instructed sessions, regular checks, overseeing the café and prep of light meals and hot drinks, and everything you can think of in between! Primarily it is about promoting a good atmosphere throughout the centre for customer satisfaction and selling enthusiasm.
- An outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Energetic, motivated and have a genuine passion for customer service.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication with a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional professionalism.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Confident team leader.
- An understanding of working in a busy environment, including cafés.
- Experience of working with an EPOS systems and social media, or willingness to learn.
- Experience of fitness and training or the leisure industry.
- Climbing Wall Award or Single Pitch Award.
- A minimum of First Aid at Work.
- An interest in climbing.
- Although previous experience and qualifications would be advantageous, we are prepared to consider anyone who feels they may fit this role.
Starting salary of £18000, increasing after a probationary period.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the application deadline. Closing date for applications: Friday 5th April 2019.