UKC

Mont Blanc Lines (climbing lines images), now in Scotland!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Alex Buisse 28 Jun 2023

Hi,

As some of you who follow me elsewhere may have seen already, I have been spending the past three years documenting climbing all over the world in the form of super high resolution images where I draw all the known climbing lines. It all started in Chamonix, led to a book in French, Italian and English (with Vertebrate) and has since expanded to the rest of the Alps, Canada, the US and the Himalayas.

The UK and Scotland in particular had always been in the back of my mind, though, but covid and other commitments made it hard to travel there in the right season. I finally managed a quick trip to Fort William last April and, after a lot of work and tremendous help from Simon Richardson, have now completed the Ben Nevis poster. It is attached below, and you can find a pretty high resolution file on https://static.wixstatic.com/media/e83d49_dc7dd6b0151540c1a0fa40d1df0b14f2~... and the route list and poster version on https://www.montblanclines.com/product-page/ben-nevis-northeast-face.

More to come from Glencoe soon, and I hope to do another trip to North Wales and the Peak District this summer.

mmmhumous 29 Jun 2023
In reply to Alex Buisse:

Awesome work.

philipjardine 29 Jun 2023
In reply to Alex Buisse:

Fantastique! Chapeau Alex et Simon

OP Alex Buisse 29 Jun 2023
In reply to philipjardine:

Thank you both! Also, please don't hesitate to let me know if you see any mistakes or omissions!

WayneXiao1999 30 Jun 2023
In reply to Alex Buisse:

Great job! Every time it is hard to find a clear picture for an undone new route for me. Looking forward to more areas and routes.

Remyveness 30 Jun 2023
In reply to Alex Buisse:

Really nice job, looking forwards to seeing the rest the next ones! 

jethro kiernan 02 Jul 2023
In reply to Alex Buisse:

Looking forward to seeing the next one.

CantClimbTom 04 Jul 2023
In reply to Alex Buisse:

No voting buttons???  The original post deserves being given a zillion upvotes for sure

bonebag 04 Jul 2023
In reply to mmmhumous:

Definitely

In reply to Alex Buisse:

Stunning photos and great topo work. I don't suppose you have done one for Troll Wall have you? 

GarethKelley 12 Jul 2023
In reply to Alex Buisse:

That's incredible! Fantastic work!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...