UKC

Corby's Crag - problem with car tyres.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slackboot 11 Apr 2021

Was at Corby's Crag today. When we arrived I noticed at least two car tyres and a car wheel with tyre dumped at the top of the crag. As we went down to climb I was trying to think how I could squeeze them into a car already full of family in order to dispose of them properly. The tyres you understand...not the family! Anyway there are quite a few tyres already at the base of the crag. It obviously provides good sport for someone who presumably is oblivious to the fact that climbers are below. As we were climbing there was a series of whooshing noises as the tyres came hurtling over our heads. The wheel made more of a whirring sound. Luckily we survived to tell the tale. In retrospect if you see any tyres lurking at the top of the crag it might be worth hiding them in case someone decides to roll them over while you are below. Better still if you could take some to the tip you will be a super hero. 

Once the tyres are at the base of the crag there is a lot more involved in their removal. There are at least five or six there at the moment including lorry tyres. They are so out of place in this beautiful landscape. 

Post edited at 21:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...