UKC

DWS Mallorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cooper97 19 Sep 2023

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for easy DWS in Mallorca. Preferably with a walk in. I'm heading across for about 10 days at the start of October. Any tips would be appreciated and also a point towards where I can pick up a guide book specific to this area would be awesome.

Cheers,

Cooper

Jim blackford 20 Sep 2023
In reply to Cooper97:

The rockfax app is good as a guidebook . From my experience the best easy dws crags are : 

Santanyi (DWS)

Cala Sa Nau and neighbouring  Cala Mitjana

It's worth thinking about how you'll get out of the water. On beach crags like the ones above it's never too intimidating but on others In particular the big cliff crags like cala Serena, cala marcal, cova del diablo it can be very dangerous with a bit of swell running, and even flat you'll need a rope ladder to get out at some - I always manage to get away with a 10m rope in my hand luggage 

Ben Farley 20 Sep 2023
In reply to Jim blackford:

I echo the comment from Jim about escaping the water. I've seen people struggle when they have not planned an exit - luckily other people managed to quickly put a rope down. I've always had a rope ladder secured and its made life so much easier than trying to scramble out on the sharp rock.

Tom Last 20 Sep 2023
In reply to Cooper97:

Agree with Jim and 2nd Santanyi as a good easy crag, with stuff to either some of the cala. 

No walk in there however. I guess Barques would be a good bet for that with it longish and for some, confusing walk in. There is some easy stuff there, though not a huge amount. 

Can get very busy. 

OP Cooper97 23 Sep 2023
In reply to Jim blackford:

Thanks guys for the recommendations. Plenty to go at around the santanyi area that looks pretty safe. I'm going to check out barques aswell for a day, but I think that'll be most of my trip used up amongst the other activities.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...