UKC

Faith in humanity restored, thanks Gemma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lex 05 Oct 2020

These are strange times. With the stresses of Covid and the reaction to Covid, there have been many instances of bad, anti-social behaviour that can make one dispair of humanity. 
But today, my faith in human nature has been restored. 
We were chasing dry weather to climb in. Rained off at Castle Naze, we went to Burbage. Got my rucksac out the car, packed some stuff, then sat out another shower back in the car. When it didn't stop raining, we set of to look at Pleasley Vale, but on arrival found to my horror, ... no rucksack. My face drained of colour,: a rucksack of climbing gear isnt just a very expensive replacement, it's got a massive emotional investment too. All the 'Thank God' placements with my green WC friend, my lucky No. 1 wire, that quickdraw my mate gave me to replace one he dropped... They all have their histories and stories. 
Seconds after the horrible discovery my phone rang, and it was the BMC, saying someone had found my rucksac (and wallet (!!) with BMC card). I phoned the finder, and second coincidence, they were driving across out path home in their way home.
So we arranged to meet, and retrieved my rucksack.
Thank you so much, Gemma, much appreciated. I was a bit beside myself at the time, so will donate some cash to mountain rescue as a thanks.
I'd say climbers and outdoor types are, on the whole, pretty trustworthy: as I said, my fath in human nature has been restored.
Let's hear it for all the millions of positive acts that are performed each day, but don't make the news. 
Cheers, 
Lex

MJAngry 06 Oct 2020
In reply to lex:

Not another BMC thread!

No seriously, well done for getting your kit back. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...