UKC

Kentmere Boulders On UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 04 Aug 2020

I made my first visit yesterday to the lovely  Kentmere Boulders yesterday but struggled to tick things on UKC when I got back home.

None of the boulders are broken up by sector or boulder.  This means there are six Problem No.2, five Problem No.3 and so on.  I think the list aligns with the old Rockfax guide and is out of alignment with Greg Chapman’s Guide from last year but I’m not certain.

I appreciate that a lot of work goes into such things.  Is there a Crag moderator who is able to tidy the UKC listing up?

petegunn 04 Aug 2020
In reply to afx22:

Greg is the crag mod but I think you can have 2 mods per crag now so if you email the team at ukc they can make you a crag moderator. 

You can merge log book entries and problems together to help remove duplicates without affecting deleting  people's person entries.

There are loads of bouldering crags that need this doing, Carrock is another example.

LGraham 04 Aug 2020
In reply to afx22:

Some might also correspond to the old lakesbloc pdf.  Also on UKC there’s a separate crag for badger rock, but I think some/all of the problems are duplicated in the kentmere boulders crag.

C Witter 04 Aug 2020
In reply to afx22:

Langdale Boulders are another example - most of the problems are numbered, but don't fit either the Lakes Bloc or 2019 guide, nor do they have descriptions. To make things worse, the grades are frequently different, too. I would do as Pete Gunn suggests, but even after cross referencing topos I have literally no clue which problems are being referred to by most of the entries on the current page. Perhaps the Rockfax (which I don't have) is the missing link...

With Windy Clough I found the same problem, so I tried to give a descriptive name using the earliest topo I could find, to avoid the problem of numbering systems constantly going out of date and provide a verbal clue. E.g. Problem X becomes "Far left to far right traverse" or Problem Y becomes "Arete and Rail".

OP afx22 04 Aug 2020
In reply to afx22:

Thanks everyone.  I’ve emailed Greg.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...