UKC

Mid Wales route - Sundew City

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveb2006 11 Sep 2023

Hello, I am after some info about a route called Sundew City (E2) which I seconded the first ascent with John Sumner in 1992. It is somewhere in the Cwm Cau area of Cadair Idris I think. I only have the 1986 Mid Wales guide so I think it may be in what ever guide came after that - out of print now I think. It isnt in UKC obviously - I may add it if I can find where it is / what crag it is on. I seem to remember it was pretty good. We did Darker Angel afterwards.

Cheers

Ian Parsons 11 Sep 2023
In reply to steveb2006:

There's a photo of you on it in the Meirionydd guide. It's on Waun Bistyll. Starts left of Awaken The Monster, crosses it, then finishes between that route and Bilberries. 27 meters, E3 6a. 20/6/92.

OP steveb2006 11 Sep 2023
In reply to Ian Parsons:

Thanks Ian, thats great. I remember seeing the photo when looking at the book in Outside but was too tight to buy it - I didnt revisit the area for ages (a shame really) - until recently so was reminded of it.

Myfyr Tomos 12 Sep 2023
In reply to steveb2006:

Ian's got it. Waun Bistyll is lower down Cwm Cau, before you get to the lake.  It's to the right of the Tapia Llwydion slabs, facing down the cwm. if that makes sense...

Yep, good photo of you in the Meirionnydd guide.

Post edited at 14:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...