UKC

Old climbing mags?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lex 04 Dec 2023

Hi all. 

A pal of mine is attempting to de-clutter so will be getting shit of a few boxes of climbing mags (Climber and Rambler, High, Mountain etc) from 1984 to early 1990's.

It's a shame to throw them away, can anyone suggest who might want them? Climbing clubs?

He's in S Manchester.

Cheers, Lex

Lankyman 04 Dec 2023
In reply to lex:

> so will be getting shit of a few boxes of climbing mags

I used to keep mine in the bog too

OP lex 04 Dec 2023
In reply to lex:

Ha! I meant "shut" of them.. but can't see how to edit so sorry for any offence caused...

Sam Beaton 05 Dec 2023
In reply to lex:

Post on here in the For Sale forum (offering them for free is an option). I've got rid of loads this way, as have other people

fuzzysheep01 05 Dec 2023
In reply to lex:

Worth asking at your local if they want them to put out in the seating area / cafe etc.

Gary Gibson 30 Dec 2023
In reply to lex:I was news effort High mountain magazine for many years after Geoff Birtles helped me edit my Peak new climbs book of which I still have a few copies and still have copies of the magazine.probably 100 and am happy to part with them although of course I will keep some to contribute to the Mountain heritage trust with my diaries and slides in the new year when I will be retiring from new routing and regearing 

BlownAway 30 Dec 2023
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Hi Gary - hope you’re well!

Which versions of your New Climbs have you got left?

I got rid of the originals you gave me way back when during the great decluttering of 2008. Keen to replace them now.

Phil

Michael Hood 30 Dec 2023
In reply to Gary Gibson:

> in the new year when I will be retiring from new routing and regearing 

End of an era, much respect and kudos to you.

Gary Gibson 31 Dec 2023
In reply to BlownAway:three but one is going to the mountain heritage trust and ten copies of my autobiography left

Gary Gibson 31 Dec 2023
In reply to BlownAway: three but one for the mountain heritage trust and ten copies of my autobiography left

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...