UKC

Peak Districts Best Easy Boulder Problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JoeFoster59 10 Jan 2020

Recovering from a recent finger injury trying not to be over stoker and going out and getting injured. So thought it would be good to compile a list of the best easy boulders in the peak. From the most classic to the most esoteric. Anything up to font 6b.

Ally Smith 10 Jan 2020
In reply to JoeFoster59:

Really enjoyed Egg Arête (f6B) last weekend - super slopey precarious grit at it's finest.

Plenty of other easy grit slabs on the circuit at  Cratcliffe Tor and nearby Robin Hood's Stride

deacondeacon 10 Jan 2020
In reply to JoeFoster59:

Just climb crescent arete over and over again  

Jon Stewart 10 Jan 2020
In reply to JoeFoster59:

Second cratcliff/rhs - almost as good as egg arete is the sharp 6b arete at rhs, Jerry's arete on its r (really cool 6a, rocking up then climbing the slab), also brain dead for yet another good arete, down in the cratcliff woods.

A day at the roaches including 3 pocket slab, Joe's arete, the cube (best highball ever), Staffordshire flyer and the nice highball 5+ slab at the very far skyline, and finger of fate (scary arete) is mega.

Curbar edge has some killer highballs, including the unreachable star, rise of the robots, Thomas the tanked up - and there's the brilliant tricky/slopey problems in the trench. 

marktrik 10 Jan 2020
In reply to JoeFoster59:

Interesting read.

I have a finger injury at the moment so i will be keep an eye on this feed for future reference. 

Droyd 10 Jan 2020
In reply to JoeFoster59:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?sort=g&id=503

This is quite a good ticklist for easier problems, and includes both obvious classics and more obscure gems. Also, a few in the eastern Peak that I've really enjoyed are: 

The High Road (f3+)

Curbar Corner (f5)

Miss Sunshine (f6A)

Go West (f6A+)

Harland Globetrotter (f6A) Probably the best crack boulder I've done, and at a really nice, quiet crag that's great for a day out up to 6B.

Outlook Roof (f6C)

The Arête (f6A)

Thomas the Tanked up Engine (f6A+) and The Phat Controller (f6B+)

D.I.Y. (f6B) Highball, and amazing.

My Crazy Head (f6B)

Sitting Duck (f6B)

New York, New York (f6B)

Egg Arête (f6B) Essential, and definitely not fingery.

Technical Master (f6B)

Golden Arête (f6B+)

G-Thang (f6B+)

Friends and Relations (f6B+)

I realise I've moved into 6B+ with a few of those, but I'll just leave them in as they're so good!

Post edited at 21:51

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...