UKC

Random: Has anyone climbed in Denmark?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JRZ 25 May 2022

How would I go about finding a partner before heading out there?  Do you know of any websites to visit or have any connections?

Thanks!

In reply to JRZ:

Look up Dansk Bjerg- og Klatreklub (Danish Alpine Club) on Facebook. 

In reply to JRZ:

The only place to go rock climbing in Denmark is at the island of Bornholm (~5h30m by ferry from Zealand). I think the best place to find partners for this area is the Facebook group "Bornholm on the Rocks".

But unless you are actually staying at Bornholm, it's in most cases both easier, faster and cheaper to go to Sweden.

If you'll be based in Copenhagen, check out the Facebook groups:

• "Dansk Bjerg- og Klatreklub": Climbing club based in Copenhagen. Running the gym named Blocs & Walls. The group is used for everything climbing related. People from the club are frequently heading to Sweden. 
  • "Blocs and Walls Buddy Makker": Group specifically for finding partners for Blocs & Walls, but also used for trips to e.g. Sweden now and then.
 ianstevens 25 May 2022
In reply to JRZ:

There is zero rock climbing here at all, unless you make a trip to Bornholm or over the bridge. I’ve not been to Bornholm as I didn’t ship my trad stuff across; but South Sweden is a feasible day/weekend trip from Copenhagen, albeit a little expensive. In Copenhagen there are a lot of bouldering walls, and Blocs and Walls which has already been mentioned.

Denmark is great in many ways, but really not a climbing paradise.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...