UKC

The Grooves, Cyrn Las, any right foot jams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone Muppet 24 Jul 2023

Help out a guy with an injury... will I need to wedge my right foot into any cracks to get up this route?

ta

The Grooves (E1 5b)

ianstevens 24 Jul 2023
In reply to Stone Muppet:

Yes, a lot 

Dave Garnett 24 Jul 2023

Yep, I think so too.  I'm sure you could do it without jamming but not at E1!

profitofdoom 24 Jul 2023
In reply to Dave Garnett:

What I remember is mostly bridging. But certainly some jams for both hands and both feet. Not many 

Superb route 

Connor Nunns 24 Jul 2023

I remember quite a few right foot jams from when I did it last year, but I usually seek out as many jams as possible. It could probably be done without but I expect it would be harder.

Post edited at 11:06
 dinodinosaur 24 Jul 2023

Having done it recently it's a series of left facing corner cracks the right foot does a reasonable amount of jamming. You could get away with no left foot jams I reckon. But right is a showstopper 

mark4344 24 Jul 2023

Did it several years ago, but remember pitch 2 being brutal hand and foot jams. Potentially could avoid jams on other pitches?

Misha 25 Jul 2023

Given the weather, you’ve got a few more weeks to get better. You’d want it to have been dry for a week or two and for the temperature to be in the mid twenties down in the valley, unless you like being cold… Especially as that side of the crag doesn’t get much sun even in the morning. 

I didn't. If you're the type that can't look at a crack without trying to burrow into it then you probably would. If jams aren't your thing then no.

I remember the crack on P2 being wet when nothing else was, so listen to Misha.

OP Stone Muppet 25 Jul 2023

Thanks all. Probably one for another year then! :-D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...