UKC

Logbook stats

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pottsy84 04 Aug 2021

This may have been done before...but following some pub stat comparisons / willy-waving a few useful potential addition to logbook stats came out. Being non-website-techy I have no idea if these are easy or too much of a pain in the arse to bother about. But suggestions nontheless:

• Ticks by year (as included) is useful - but unique and new ticks ('personal first ascents') would be better (or at least different) - eg. at the moment if you record both a clean lead and toprope on the same route in the same year it counts 2 ticks (I think - and not sure what happens if you include the same route in the same style more than once), and if you log a repeat ascent from a previous year it's still included as a tick (again I think, I haven't analysed in detail to confirm);
  • Even better if available by primary style (lead/second/TR);
  • Ascents by grade (and probably every other currently-available split (climb type, ascent style etc) would be more meaningful if it could be split by year;
  • Being able to click on any stat and get a breakdown of the climbs it's drawing from would be awesome (similar to double-clicking on a row in a pivot table to get the detail of all the records contained in that row).

Feel free to ignore if unhelpful!

Ned 04 Aug 2021
In reply to Pottsy84:

I spend too much time staring at my logbook stats and agree it would be great to have an option to see average/max grade graphs split by lead/second/top rope etc. I feel like my max grade is the one I lead but at the moment that's not what shows

OP Pottsy84 19 Aug 2021
In reply to Pottsy84:

Forgot the most important one - crag completion by climb type! I would guess a fair proportion of climbers are completionists / list tickers, frustrating if you can't get to 100% because there are eg. boulders on the same crag and you only climb sport.

In reply to Pottsy84:

>  frustrating if you can't get to 100% because there are eg. boulders on the same crag and you only climb sport.

You haven't completed it then, have you?

OP Pottsy84 20 Aug 2021
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Nowhere near completing anything...maybe one day!

Pero 21 Aug 2021
In reply to Pottsy84:

Or, an option to export your logbook to csv for importing into a spreadsheet. 

Post edited at 12:15
 remus Global Crag Moderator 21 Aug 2021
In reply to Pero:

> Or, an option to export your logbook to csv for importing into a spreadsheet. 

Already available! If you go to https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/showlog.php there's a 'download' button on the top right of the logbook which will download your logbook as an xls file. There's a few quirks to the data formatting but it's easy enough to clean it up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...