UKC

Nerdy Logbook Request

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Sagar 12 May 2023

Because I'm a total loser, I'm obsessed with my logbook.

I love looking at the stats. But one thing that makes me slightly sad is that the "hardest ascent" is determined by which route of a grade one did first. My logbook is a bit anomalous at the moment because it's showing my hardest sport grade as Flashed Eros Telendos (7b), which annoys me because that route is definitely 7a+...but let's imagine I hadn't climbed that. My logbook would be showing my hardest sport route as a redpoint of Animula vagula blandula (7b).

However, I more recently redpointed Fire Wall (7b), which is definitely harder (as shown by UKC average votes)

Here's my totally lame request: can the 'hardest climb' feature default such that within a given grade, the route voted the hardest is the one that shows up, rather than whichever happened to be climbed first?

(I understand entirely if you would rather ignore this deep dive into how I have too much time on my hands.)

Post edited at 14:21
 dinodinosaur 12 May 2023
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Tbh some of my hardest climbs were not actually the "hardest" grade I've climbed or even the hardest voted of the routes on UKC haha!

Style plays a huge part in how easy or hard we think things are and I don't think I'd gain much on ukc by having this feature changed as it would still feel like the wrong route to me. 

Luke90 12 May 2023
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Is the reason for picking that route even that it's your first of the grade? I would think it's probably choosing to highlight that route because a flash is generally more impressive than a redpoint.

OP Paul Sagar 12 May 2023
In reply to dinodinosaur:

Have a downvote 

OP Paul Sagar 12 May 2023
In reply to Luke90:

Yeah in that case it is. But ignore my logbook as it’s gonna be weird until I RP 7b+ or that route gets downgraded 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...