UKC

New Routes list

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 09 Feb 2017
I don't suppose there's any possibility of a personal new routes list facility. At the moment I've got all my FAs listed as a ticklist, which works ok, I suppose, but it's not ideal. Thanks
 GarethSL 09 Feb 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

What do you want to do with it?

I agree it would be nice to have a means of attributing new routes to UKC users. But what are you looking for? A list on your profile?
In reply to bpmclimb:

I started work on an expanded FA system but I've just been doing it in my spare time and that has been a bit sparse of late.

I can't give you a ETA of when it'll be ready but if you keep the way you enter your name into the existing FA field consistent it'll make the import of the data into the new system easier.
OP bpmclimb 09 Feb 2017
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thanks Paul
In reply to bpmclimb:

I'm interested.
OP bpmclimb 09 Feb 2017
In reply to GarethSL:

Somewhere on UKC to log all my own new routes, so I can view the list separately from all my other logged climbs, add new ones as I do them, see who's done repeat ascents of them - for my own reference in various ways. I don't particularly want it attached to my profile, and I'm not particularly bothered whether it's private or public.
 Graeme Hammond 09 Feb 2017
In reply to bpmclimb:

How would this be significantly different to a tick list as it seems the same thing to me?
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

You wouldn't have to constantly keep the ticklist updated.

Also, you could click on any name (eg. Joe Brown) and see all their FAs.
Bogwalloper 10 Feb 2017

Great idea.

Wally
OP bpmclimb 24 Feb 2017

> I started work on an expanded FA system but I've just been doing it in my spare time and that has been a bit sparse of late.I can't give you a ETA of when it'll be ready but if you keep the way you enter your name into the existing FA field consistent it'll make the import of the data into the new system easier.

I've just looked back at how I've entered my name when logging FAs - I'm afraid I've been inconsistent. I can always do it the same way from now on, and amend entries at crags which I moderate, but the rest will have to rely on sending update requests to various moderators and waiting for them to deal with it. Might take a while!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...