UKC

Problems "ticking" routes in the app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 04 Jul 2020

Anyone else having problems with this? When I try tick a route, which takes you to the screen where you put in date, style, partner etc. instead the topo either crashes, taking you back to the intro (to that crag) page, or just crashes the app altogether. I have reported this a number of times through the Android crash reporting function. Haven't tried turning off and restarting my phone yet, but it has been happening for a week now I think.

Is this a problem on my phone? Or is it at the Rockfax end and happening to other people? You can imagine my fury at frustration at not being able to tick all the 4s and 5s (and a 3!) I was 'sending' at Masson Lees today live whilst I was still in the whole in the ground (which has surprisingly decent 4G signal for a hole in the ground).

Suncream 04 Jul 2020
In reply to TobyA:

I had this issue (though it seemed like it was only happening for routes not boulders or something). Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it for a bit. Android: Moto G8 Power

In reply to TobyA:

Hi Toby,

I'm really sorry about this. It appears we are not recieving these emails! I've no idea why, I've checked the Play Developer console and the support email is correct =[.

Can you go into the app, go to Settings -> Help and Support -> Email Us. Just put in the body of the email "For Martin". I'll pick it up from there. From what you're describing I have a suspicion what the problem might be. If it is what I suspect it's an easy fix but I'll check my crash reporting just now (this is another crash reporting mechanism).

Sorry though, I've not been ignoring you, I've just not recieved any of these reports! I'll look into whats going on there.

I'll get back to you guys in here when I know more.

Cheers,
Martin

OP TobyA 04 Jul 2020
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

I think I've just emailed you. There were some zipped log files attached to the email which I guess is what you need.

While you are thinking about bugs in the app 😉, ever since i started using it, last summer I think, if I click on a photo it comes up blank, I have to go back one page, and re-click on the photo. When you click on the photo for the second time when you see it correctly. It's weird and vaguely annoying but nothing beyond that! 

Post edited at 22:42

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...