UKC

Bus stop quarry double yellow lines 😭

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey climbers of the world. So gwynedd council have put forward an application to put double yellow lines along all of the roads and turning circle at bus stop quarry. This would make it almost impossible to park and climb in this area. Such a sad decision by Gwynedd. 

Please e mail marielynnewilliams@gwynedd.llyw.cymru to help stop this happening 

Ben_Roberts 08 Nov 2020
In reply to Matthawkins1234: As it’s said in the other thread, it’s best to not mention the climbing and instead talk about the amazing footpath and accessible viewpoint. Check the other thread for exact details. 

Ben_Roberts 08 Nov 2020
In reply to Matthawkins1234: As said in the other thread, it’s best to not mention the climbing aspect and instead talk about the footpath and accessible viewpoint. Check the other thread for exact details. 

wynaptomos 08 Nov 2020
In reply to Matthawkins1234:

> Hey climbers of the world. So gwynedd council have put forward an application to put double yellow lines along all of the roads and turning circle at bus stop quarry. This would make it almost impossible to park and climb in this area. Such a sad decision by Gwynedd. 

> Please e mail marielynnewilliams@gwynedd.llyw.cymru to help stop this happening 

Just to correct you here, the application does not cover ALL the parking and it is not yet a decision. I am not defending it btw, sounds very short-sighted to me, but if you’re going to get them to see your POV, better not to mis-represent the situation.

BelleVedere 08 Nov 2020

Although it does have a bus stop it seems, and lot of foot paths to get there, so it's not totally cut off.  

fred99 08 Nov 2020
In reply to BelleVedere:

Has anybody actually seen a (public service) bus stop there ?

Babika 08 Nov 2020
In reply to fred99:

> Has anybody actually seen a (public service) bus stop there ?

Yes! Definitely.

SAF 09 Nov 2020
In reply to fred99:

> Has anybody actually seen a (public service) bus stop there ?

Yes every weekday I've been there, but in all the many many times I've been there I've only ever seen one person get on or off the bus there. It is the end of the line where the buses turn around.

fred99 09 Nov 2020
In reply to Babika:

Would be interested to have some idea as to how regularly said bus operates, and where the powers that be think that people will park their cars to use said bus.

After all, I can't see the residents of Deiniolen enjoying the village being used as a car park, and I doubt the timetable would ever be arranged for walkers (or climbers).

Sandstonier 09 Nov 2020
In reply to fred99:

You can be sure that any bus service will be just as crap as the one linking Lllanberis to Pen Y Pass enabling the the local taxi companies will carry on ripping everyone off. Wonder who owns these companies? Whole thing stinks.

Post edited at 19:50
 Msw400 09 Nov 2020

Please try to focus on issues the council will ‘hear’ in your, much valued, evidenced, responses. Safety, recreational access, pushing the problem elsewhere etc. will be ‘heard’ more than ‘I wanna park my van overnight so I can hop over the fence and trespass a disused quarry’. ‘Although I understand the issues this is a disproportionate  response’ etc etc. Thanks. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...