UKC

Career in the Outdoors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cailean Harker 22 Jan 2013
I am trying to plan my future career a little bit. I currently am self employed and work with my ML running expeditions (mainly for Schools and SPA for coaching climbing.

I am trying to ascertain how much one would hope to earn as an experienced MIA on a yearly basis? And is it really a financially viable career to get involved in?

Any information or advice would be gratefully received.

Feel free to PM.

Thanks
Cailean

Paul at work 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cailean Harker:

As you are pretty local to me, howabout a chat about this in the Old Spot in Dursley over a pint?

As with most things the work is what you make of it.
jenks580 22 Jan 2013

Hi there I'm in the same position as you trying to decide what to do. Having run my own Adventure Training company in the past I'm edging towards getting back into it. I'm looking at running Adventure weekends, 1st aid training and the option of running Navigation and GPS with NNAS awards and BELA.
Ian
 JayPee630 23 Jan 2013

I know it isn't very helpful, but it's a bit of a 'how long is a bit of string' question.

It is of course very possible to make a living as an MIA, but many things make up how easy it is.

Are you fixed on wanting to teach MIA stuff, I decided it wasn't worth the outlay and wasn't quite the type of work I wanted and went in teh direction on IML instead.
In reply to Cailean Harker: Thanks all for the answers. I am definitely going to do my MIA, but I may look at adding another string to my bow in some way.

Paul at Work it would be cool to meet up for a chat at some point.

Cailean

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...