UKC

Climbing shop near Dijon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ewanjp 13 Aug 2013
Anyone know the address of a (decent) climbing shop near Dijon? We're going next week and have the Jingo Wobbly guide, but it's a few years out of date so we're looking to get hold of a local guidebook.
 GridNorth 13 Aug 2013
In reply to ewanjp: Quite often in France local businesses, cafes, book shops, bars and even vineyards and Tourist Offices sell the guidebooks for their area. Tracking them down however can be difficult.
 IPPurewater 13 Aug 2013
In reply to ewanjp: Not sure if Decathlon stock guidebooks, but you can find the location of their shops in France here
http://www.decathlon.fr/magasins-decathlon.html
 Andy Say 13 Aug 2013
In reply to ewanjp:
I picked up guides from Librarie Grangier - Place Grangier
14 Rue du Château, Dijon a while back. Bookshops and tabacs seem as good a place as any (I got the local Saffres guide from a tabac in Vitteux a few years back).
 Dave Reeve 13 Aug 2013
In reply to ewanjp: If you're going to Remigny then there are several places in the town where you can get the guide including the town hall, the noticeboard at the crag will tell you where. The JW guide misses out a lot of the routes at Remigny so I'd recommend getting that one.

You used to be able to get the Cormot guide from the guardian for the CAF hut in Vauchignon, you could call at the hut and see if anyone is about although the JW guide isn't too bad for Cormot. For a lot of the smaller crags I doubt there will be any separate guides.

For Saffres, as mentioned, the Tabac in Vitteaux sells it
OP ewanjp 14 Aug 2013
Great cheers everyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...