UKC

Margo Hayes coming to The Foundry Moonboard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 02 Dec 2017
Interesting that Margo Hayes is teaming up with Alex Megos in next week's Moonboard Masters event for the UK / Foundry part. I thought Shauna would have been there? Hope she's not injured.

I wonder if either of them will get out on rock whilst here.

Anyway pretty interesting event with exceptionally strong teams. It will be interesting to see them in action on the more basic style of climbing of the Moonboard rather than the tricky, hard to read WC comps.

Any predictions? I have no clue.
OP stp 02 Dec 2017
In reply to stp:

The teams and details....

http://www.moonboardmasters.com/
 alx 03 Dec 2017
In reply to stp:

Not a single person on that list would say they could hold a candle to Jonwon’s basic strength skills. Even on the IFSC circuit his basic style strength is the stuff of legend.
 dr_botnik 03 Dec 2017
In reply to stp:

Typically british to import the talent eh?
 Ian W 03 Dec 2017
In reply to stp:

She certainly wasnt last weekend in Sweden. Maybe - and i dont know definitively - its cos she isnt moon sponsored and this is a bit of a showpiece event for moon climbing?
 Fraser 03 Dec 2017
In reply to stp:

Cheers for that - loved the wee trailer with B&J.
 thepodge 03 Dec 2017
I was thinking of nipping down to this as I work across the road from the foundry but not sure how well it'll work as a spectator sport.
 zv 03 Dec 2017
In reply to stp:

Predictions - Megos.

I tried the easiest problem that he set, it's called "My scale" and weighs in at 7B+. I could not do a single move on it. I can only imagine how horrendous his 8as and above must be and from what I've heard he loves training on a woodie.
Gonna be an interesting one! Great bit of fun hopefully.
In reply to zmv:

It is the day after the Works party, I wonder how knackered he will be
 zv 03 Dec 2017
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

I've heard those parties are legendary!
OP stp 03 Dec 2017
In reply to alx:

Well Rustam is meant to have the strongest fingers I believe. Apparently when Jongwon was trying Daniel Woods' 8c+ Hypnotized Minds his partner Sol Sa was doing better than he was. But Rustam did the route and fairly quickly too. I'd also rate Tomoa pretty highly, particularly on dynamic moves, which might be good for the Moonboard. Apparently when Tomoa visited Cafe Kraft he was flashing problems Alex Megos said he couldn't do at all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...