UKC

Neist financial sector

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james1978 13 Apr 2018

Does anybody have any current information regarding the belay stakes at the financial sector, Neist? Last Summer they seemed to have disappeared and I gather that people were placing their own and removing them once finished. I was just wondering if this is still the case or whether maybe there are some now left in situ?

Cheers, James. 

Post edited at 12:19
 Cog 13 Apr 2018
In reply to james1978:

New stakes were placed in November. Two above Earthbound and Terminal Bonus, two above Insider Dealing and Shocks and Stares and two above Venture Capital and Security Risk. They are about 10m back from the top of the routes.

The stakes are in pairs. 
One short stake with the top ground off it, it was drilled and a rod pushed through it.
The longer stake was from a fish farm cage with welded pins (to attach chain), the top pins were ground off to make it harder to remove.
After placing the stakes they were all turned a few degrees with a stilson.

They should last for a number of years.

OP james1978 13 Apr 2018
In reply to Cog:

Great stuff. Thanks very much for your quick reply and hard work replacing the stakes!

Cog 13 Apr 2018
In reply to james1978:

I've tried to add a photo of the belays to UKC again, but it didn't work last year!

Andy Nisbet 13 Apr 2018
In reply to Cog:

I'll be going there later next week to take some action photos and I look forward to using them.

Tradical 14 Apr 2018
In reply to Cog:

Good idea repurposing metal fish pen parts, the best ones are polyethylene now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...