UKC

Nudey Badger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tomrainbow 29 Apr 2019

A first for me yesterday. Climbing at The Nudey Cliff, heard a load of commotion at the top of the crag (50m), sounded like chimps, then a whoosh, then a thud.

Finished climbing and went to check it out to find a perfectly unharmed, but somewhat shaken up badger busily burrowing its way under the start of Nudey Wonderland (6c). Might be best to avoid this route and the two immediately to its L for a bit until our new resident has found its feet.

Anyone else had any low flying badger incidents?

kingholmesy 29 Apr 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

Hi Tom, hope you’re well.

Apparently a mate of mine nearly got hit by a sheep falling off the top of the Grochan in North Wales.  Unfortunately the sheep did not live to tell the tale.

Cheers, Luke.

In reply to tomrainbow:

> Anyone else had any low flying badger incidents?

I'm sure you knew this was coming...

youtube.com/watch?v=EllYgcWmcAY&

profitofdoom 30 Apr 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

> Anyone else had any low flying badger incidents?

Errr not this week

By the way I think "Low Flying Badger Incidents" would've been a great thread title

In reply to tomrainbow:

> Anyone else had any low flying badger incidents?

Fortunately not.  Closest we got was the toads that seamed to enjoy becoming airbourne off the top of horseshoe quarry.  

Thud ! , we look round to see a toad looking worse for wear (probably not going to live long) attempting to brush off a probably internal organ shattering base jump.

A little while later and , thud .  You guessed it, another toad .  Guess it thought the first one was onto something.  

We were at the toilet section.  

Ps , I'm never going back the place is in fact a toilet.  

Post edited at 04:22
In reply to profitofdoom:

> Errr not this week

> By the way I think "Low Flying Badger Incidents" would've been a great thread title

A thread about aging women not doing up their trousers .  

Sounds,  Erm  not good.

profitofdoom 30 Apr 2019
In reply to all:

Any raise on flying / crag-descending badgers, toads, sheep?! What next??

DaveHK 30 Apr 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

There was a story about one falling out of Green Gully on the Ben (I think). Always thought it sounded a bit dubious but couldn't find the story again. Maybe I only dreamt it.

profitofdoom 30 Apr 2019
In reply to DaveHK:

> There was a story about one falling out of Green Gully on the Ben (I think). Always thought it sounded a bit dubious...........

Errrrr I'm no expert but badgers are nocturnal and live in underground burrows often in sandy soil often in woodland errrrr sorry to say, possibly, maybe, don't know, but that doesn't sound much like Green Gully to me thanks! Good story anyway

Any more flying/ falling fauna stories anyone??

mike123 30 Apr 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> A thread about aging women not doing up their trousers .  

> Sounds,  Erm  not good.

>

Some years ago I reached a point  in life where I could honestly say " .....nothing shocks or surprises me anymore " . And then Along came the Internet . 

profitofdoom 30 Apr 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

> It was Parsley Fern Gully 

Here's a photo of a dead leopard on top of Kilimajaro, I know it looks a bit dodgy but there are related photos and stories in the article:

https://www.earthtouchnews.com/discoveries/discoveries/the-amazing-story-of...

Tom Valentine 30 Apr 2019
In reply to tomrainbow:

Seen a couple of brocken spectres.

DaveHK 30 Apr 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

> It was Parsley Fern Gully 

There was one on the Ben too (whether true or made up), if you look down that thread you can see John Lyall saying he'd heard it too so not just me!

DaveHK 30 Apr 2019
In reply to profitofdoom:

> Errrrr I'm no expert but badgers are nocturnal and live in underground burrows often in sandy soil often in woodland errrrr sorry to say, possibly, maybe, don't know, but that doesn't sound much like Green Gully to me thanks! Good story anyway

If you look on the thread derwentdiluted linked there's a story from Andy Nisbet about seeing one above 3000ft on Ben Alder in winter. They obviously get around!

profitofdoom 30 Apr 2019
In reply to DaveHK:

> If you look on the thread derwentdiluted linked there's a story from Andy Nisbet about seeing one above 3000ft on Ben Alder in winter. They obviously get around!

Thanks, they're all over the place, I see that now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...