UKC

Paklenica climbing partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Daiziee 08 Jun 2018

I'm heading to Paklenica Park, Croatia in August and looking for a climbing partner. 
I'll be camping there for two weeks from the 14th- 26th. 

I've never been before, but it looks amazing. Is it easy to find climbing partner's once there? 

Due to baggage restrictions on planes I'll likely only have a harness, belay device, boots, slings and a prusik so would need to find a partner with the other essentials. 

I haven't lead multi-pitches before but am happy to lead single pitches up to 6a. 

Thanks

Zgemba 09 Jun 2018
In reply to Daiziee:

Restaurant Dinko is a local climbers hangout (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1466943-d5522473-Reviews-Res...) and you may be able to find some partners there. You can also ask for owners son Marin (he works there as a waiter most of the time), he'll sort you out for sure.

There is also guides office at the entrance to the gorge and they can hook you up with guides for some multipitch training as well.

If all fails you can check the three main climbers/dirtbag camps and ask around in the communal kitchens: camp Vesna (across the street from Dinko), camp Marko (other side of the road, a bit higher up) and Ani?a Kuk (5 minutes walk towards the gorge).

Enjoy your stay, it really is a special place.

tjekel 11 Jun 2018
In reply to Daiziee:

If everything fails, go for a solo on Bijela Rampa / sjeverni greben on Vveliki Kuk, which is probably one of the best 3a's(!) anywhere, combine it with the easy Ferrata to Anica Kuk, and you will have a wonderful day out with vistas of the whole gorge, the sea and the Velebit main range.

Post edited at 06:26

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...