UKC

Turning my exterior wall into a climbing wall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

hey guys so I had the amazing idea of building an outside climbing wall, so I did the first thing anyone would do and spent days watching youtube videos but I noticed there's noting on an exterior wall off there house something like a top rope system. the more I looked the more I couldn't find any or very little information there is one or or two posts but not for an exterior wall on the side of a house climbing wall, the idea of putting bolts into the brickwork (cavity wall) that i have seen doesn't seam safe or reliable, the only other thing i can think of that would work is anchoring off the timber roof construction and feeding a sling under the tiles over the wall under the façade and gutter? how doable is this? what timber would you anchor off? more then one? i know most of this is information i need to gather from looking in the loft, i have done some major construction work before on domestic property's so i know my way around a little, haven't looked yet will go up at some point, am i maybe biting to much off should i stick to a timber frame climbing wall in the back garden instead? just thought it would be cool for the back of the house to be a climbing wall. 

exterior wall or wooden frame in the back garden?

exterior wall
back garden
go to the climbing gym instead and shush
Login to vote
 Durkules 01 May 2022
In reply to stitchlikestoclimb:

I won't comment on the feasibility of your plans, but there's a Facebook group that has lots of examples and information about home walls that you might find useful: Home Climbing Wall Forum

Steve Claw 01 May 2022
In reply to stitchlikestoclimb:

You will probably get better value from a "Woody" or Moon style board in your garage.

In reply to Durkules:

thanks ill check out the facebook, again its just an idea just wanna see what the possibilities are 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...