UKC

2 in 1 shorts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mistrelo 18 Oct 2023

Please could anyone recommend a pair of those 2 in 1 shorts that have:

• a liner that's breathable and not too clammy
  • phone sized pocket
  • (less important) reflective material

Thanks!

Rory Shaw 18 Oct 2023
In reply to mistrelo:

Why not get a separate pair of shorts and inners, much more versatile. I've been using under armour heat gear for inners (with phone pocket) and some Ron hill shorts. 

VidaPura 18 Oct 2023
In reply to mistrelo:

Endurance, from Cotswolds/Runners Need.

They work well for me. Not tried any others

PaulW 18 Oct 2023
In reply to mistrelo:

I bought there, very happy so far.

They come up small for the size though, bought L instead of my usual M

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/kiprun-men-s-running-2-in-1-tight-shorts/_/R-...

misterb 19 Oct 2023
In reply to mistrelo:

It depends on what you want out of the lining as to which shorts you might buy

A lot of the liners in them are just lightweight pants material and in no way supportive, so fine if you want that for the purpose of not wearing underwear, think hot summer days

If you want some sort of support or compression there are versions out there, I have had a few from Salomon which maybe been good but pricey

At the moment I am rocking skins compression undershorts with a standard Montane dragon lightweight short with no inner over the top which works well for the slightly colder or wetter days

OP mistrelo 19 Oct 2023
In reply to Rory Shaw:

> Why not get a separate pair of shorts and inners, much more versatile. I've been using under armour heat gear for inners (with phone pocket) and some Ron hill shorts. 

That's a good shout, and the under armour heat gear fit the bill. Thanks.

OP mistrelo 19 Oct 2023
In reply to PaulW:

> I bought there, very happy so far.

> They come up small for the size though, bought L instead of my usual M

Ah yes I've got a pair of them but I find the liner very unbreathable.

Neil Williams 19 Oct 2023
In reply to mistrelo:

Never seen the point, why not just choose compression/underwear and overshorts separately so you get your preferred features of each?

Tom Briggs 19 Oct 2023
In reply to mistrelo:

I'm totally sold on shorts without inners. I have always used Skins compression shorts in the autumn/winter and since finding Runderwear briefs I wouldn't now buy shorts with inners. The tricky bit is finding them. Salomon did some very lightweight 'Aero' shorts which were great, but the newest version of these look to have inners. I'll probably try the Montane Slipstream as I have a pair of Montane shorts that have worn really well.

Garethza 19 Oct 2023
In reply to Tom Briggs:

You could always just cut the inners out quite easily

SouthernSteve 19 Oct 2023
In reply to mistrelo:

The Salomon ones (Sense-Aero) are really comfy and have good pockets - zipped for small to medium phone and a net rim for tissues and other nefarious sundries. They seem to last which is a good job as they are not cheap. Bought one pair on a time limited offer and went back for another pair next time I bought shoes. 

As others suggest in the winter thick lycra and cheap emasculated shorts work well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...