UKC

Any experience of Nordisk Telemark 2.2 tent for OMM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kryank 26 Mar 2023

Hi all,

looking at getting a tent for this years OMM North Wales. Has anyone any experience of the above tent? Pack size and weight are very appealing but any real world experience is greatly appreciated.

they seem to get good reviews, but wondered about condensation issues (I know the Telemark 1 did) and how they stand up to the kind of weather we may get in Late October.

any help or advice greatly appreciated. Along with any other recommendations.

cheers Ryan

Pedro50 26 Mar 2023
In reply to Kryank:

We used the 2.0 on the John Muir trail where it was excellent, obviously very dry conditions at over 10,000 feet mostly. I believe it would be fine in bad weather but as for condensation that might be annoying but maybe not a deal breaker.

OP Kryank 26 Mar 2023
In reply to Pedro50:

Thanks for the info 😃

Dark-Cloud 27 Mar 2023
In reply to Kryank:

Condensation seems to be an issue it this sort of design, the TN Laser Comp i have for Mountain Marathons is absolutely awful for condensation, that's even with a few mods to get airflow through it.

Nic Barber 27 Mar 2023
In reply to Kryank:

the OMM - it's not meant to be dry or comfortable!

OP Kryank 27 Mar 2023
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Thanks for the info I have heard good things about the tarp tent scarp 1, a little heavier but looks like it may be a far better tent. 

OP Kryank 27 Mar 2023
In reply to Nic Barber:

That is also true, 😂

greg_may_ 27 Mar 2023
In reply to Kryank:

We've used the 2.0 for multiple OMM, SLMM and suchlike for the past few years. Very little condenstation problems if you vent it and don't have to cook for long in it and just want to spend one night.  Very much our go to choice for racing as a tent. 

I've also had it in some poor weather on my own, and if it's pitched well it can handle some heavy wind - if a bit noisy when you're inside it. 

Post edited at 18:33
 65 27 Mar 2023
In reply to Kryank:

I've got one, the UL version. It's very comfortable for the weight. Haven't noticed condensation being a major issue but I haven't used it a great deal.

damowilk 27 Mar 2023
In reply to Kryank:

I’ve got both a scarp and a Telemark, so in a position to compare both from use: the Scarp is indeed better! The condensation is pretty bad with the Telemark.

I have the Scarp 2 and the Telemark 1 though. I’m also just over 6ft, which means I’m up against the end of the Telemark which wets out the foot end of my sleeping bag.

I liked the Scarp enough that I bought another TarpTent, the lithosphere(?sp). It’s a very light tent that’s still very useable, still having 2 skin, 2 doors and vestibules. Only works if you’re going to be carrying 2 walking poles to put it up. Also expensive due to the Cuben/DCF fabric used.

OP Kryank 27 Mar 2023
In reply to damowilk:

Yeah really liking the look of the scarp 1, seems like a much sturdier tent, but you obviously pay for that with the weight and pack size. 

OP Kryank 27 Mar 2023
In reply to greg_may_:

Thanks for the input mate, the weight and pack size seem ideal, and for 1 night, I suppose you can manage the condensation. Have you had it in heavy rain? And if so how did it fare?

Root1 28 Mar 2023
In reply to Kryank:

Check out the Dan Durston X mids. Great tents, roomy and lightweight.

https://durstongear.com/product/x-mid-1p

Post edited at 13:46
 Pedro50 28 Mar 2023
In reply to Root1:

> Check out the Dan Durston X mids. Great tents, roomy and lightweight.

Brilliant tents, I have one but you will have to pay international carriage, VAT and import tax.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...