UKC

NEW ROUTE CARD: Brock Crags and Angletarn Pikes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Norman Hadley 12 Dec 2023
The open secret about the Far Eastern fells is this: often the lower hills are the best, with interesting, knobbly tops and fine views. These two tiddlers, overlooking the beautiful environs of Hartsop, make an excellent shorter excursion for a lighthearted half-day, ideal if the higher summits are lost in clag. This is also a cunning choice in a heatwave, offering a splashy beck on the climb, and an inter-summit dunk to cool off.

10.38 miles, 16.70 km, 540m ascent, 2 – 3:30 hours. Patterdale

Read more

Lankyman 12 Dec 2023
In reply to Norman Hadley:

A link to the route, Norman?

In reply to Lankyman:

Not his fault - usually the system automatically generates the link. We're trying to work out how this hasn't happened today. 

In reply to Lankyman:

Fixed now, thanks for letting us know

Lankyman 12 Dec 2023
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

The link seems to go to the Running forum?

In reply to Lankyman:

sorry, updated

OP Norman Hadley 13 Dec 2023

This is how it starts. At first, AI seems really cute with its Shakespearean sonnet pastiches and cartoon images. Then it decides to destroy humanity by gobbling map hyperlinks. 

Fear it. Fear it.

Derek Furze 13 Dec 2023

Or at least get us all lost on Hardtop Fell 🙂

Doghouse 13 Dec 2023

Just curious how you calculate the timings for these?    They seem pretty fast -  walking one would be about my running my time!

OP Norman Hadley 13 Dec 2023
In reply to Doghouse:

Ah, apologies, Doghouse, there's been a technical foul-up. The distance is 10.4 km, not 10.4 miles. I'm not sure if I have the interweb superpowers to fix it from here myself so might have to rely on UKH technical wizards to tweak.

Do those times look a bit more doable now?

Lankyman 13 Dec 2023

I too was wondering about those times and distance! I've done that walk (or very similar) quite a few times and thought it was less than 10 miles. I did swim in Angle Tarn on my first visit in the long hot summer of 1976.

Weird, it's not the first time recently that the gremlins have made up their own distances. I'll amend

Doghouse 14 Dec 2023

Much better

OP Norman Hadley 14 Dec 2023
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Thanks for sorting this Dan.

Mind you, I enjoyed that brief interlude when I looked quicker than Kenny Stuart.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...