UKC

From Fairfeild horseshoe to lakes in a day 50mile

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackob 26 Apr 2019

Seriously considering entring the LIAD race on the 10th October.

I have limited experience in fell running, however to give a summary i run 2 or 3 times a week at the moment and ran trhe fairfield horseshoe(11miles) in 2hr15 mins on sunday and didnt feel too destroyed afterwards. With the correct training is it wise for me to enter this race as something to work towards. Or is between now and October not enough time!

Thanks

Simon Caldwell 26 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

I've entered liad and seriously doubt I could do the Fairfield as quick as that! Unless you're hoping to be competitive, stamina is going to be more important than speed. 

I've not done it before but LIAD is a good one to start with as the cut offs are very generous. 

SouthernSteve 26 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

You have plenty of time - perhaps I'll see you there!

goose299 27 Apr 2019
In reply to Jackob:

You’ll be fine. 

I did it last year after my longest run only being 22 miles previously. 

We’ve got a group of 10 of us doing it this year. Hope the weather is better this year though. Can’t wait. 

Sutty22 21 May 2019
In reply to Jackob:

If you can get the miles in, you'll have a great time on LIAD. I'm pretty sure some people walk most of it, in fact, if I look at my Strava, I think I walked most of it

Obviously keep up the running, but don't underestimate the power of hiking. Get out for some long days with a pack and try to grab plenty of ascent. 3 of the 4 thousand metres you will climb are done in the first half of the race.

I finished in 18+ hours so I had to pull in a lot of reserves in the early hours of the morning when I'd been on my feet (wet feet at that) for 15 hours or so.

Enter it, enjoy training for it, and enjoy completing it. It's a great event. Oh, and the aid stations are epic. Hot food, sandwiches, tea/coffee.  

DaveHK 21 May 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Just get some big days in and a few back to back biggish days and you'll be reet.

SouthernSteve 21 May 2019
In reply to Jackob:

Did you enter? LIAD is full?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...