UKC

Glen Coe Skyline, possible last year?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick Nitro 31 Jan 2022

Hi All

I was hoping to have a got at the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline next year, I've even applied for some volunteering with Ourea Events to bring the price down a bit. But i noticed in the recent email they sent out to inform us of entries opening soon that this year might be the last for this particular race. I was hoping to have a go next year as i'm not fit enough this year. 

Any other ideas, otherwise i'll just have to take my self out and have a go solo.

Post edited at 13:52
 Garethza 31 Jan 2022
In reply to Nick Nitro:

I too noticed that line on the email and wondered what they meant.. perhaps they are changing the route to something different but similar in length / difficulty.. I have entered this year for the first time.. so it may be that I only have one shot at completing it

DaveHK 31 Jan 2022
In reply to Nick Nitro:

It's probably not sustainable for a race like that to go on forever but there are definitely more of this type of race around so I'm sure you would be able to find a replacement. And as you say, you can do it independently although that obviously isn't the same as racing it.

OP Nick Nitro 31 Jan 2022
In reply to Garethza:

Aye, that could be a possibility. I might still enter, i've got a few hours to think about it before it closes. Plus, 8 months to train from a good base level of mountain running, it'll probably be fine...

OP Nick Nitro 31 Jan 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

Yeah, there are a few around, I did do Pinnacle Ridge Extreme and Ring of Steall last year. Both were dead fun, especially the pinnacle race.

Nic Barber 31 Jan 2022
In reply to Nick Nitro:

Ourea seem to be focusing on the more multi-day/longer events. They've recently taken on Northern Traverse from open Adventure. In the past they've sold events on to other organisers (10 peaks), or tried to and not found someone to take them on (Dark Mountains, RAW MM, Scottish MM), so if there's someone willing to take it on I wouldn't be surprised.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...