UKC

Glen Coe trail run recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 th5th 23 Jan 2023

Hi all, I'm off up to Glen Coe for a mostly relaxed hotel break at the end of this week, and would like to get a decent run in while I'm up there.

Does anyone have any favourite loops in the 20km-ish range starting within about 30 mins drive of Ballachulish?

I'm comfortable with nav and going a bit pathless when it's worthwhile. Ideally I'd like to get 800m or so of ascent in. Don't have the winter knowledge to get too high (especially in running shoes...)

South down Lairig Eilde to Glen Etive and back along Lairig Gartain looks nice, but I was hoping to go a touch further than that.

Appreciate any recommendations!

Mark Bull 23 Jan 2023
In reply to th5th:

You could probably construct something of the right sort of length from Kinlochleven using the tracks and paths out to Loch Eilde Mor and Blackwater Reservoir. If you were willing to use buses, you could do the West Highland Way leg from Kinlochleven to Fort William.  

vscott 23 Jan 2023
In reply to th5th: plenty of options on mid-height (still plenty of climb but prob avoiding snow if still mild) trails /tracks starting from kinlochleven e.g. Sgor Eilde Beag/Mor col, or out to Loch trieg (prob more like 25km).

steelbru 23 Jan 2023
In reply to th5th:

If you have transport that you can use to get to Kinlochleven, then you could try one of the trail race routes that are held as part of the Salomon Skyline Scotland weekend. There are various distance routes to look at : 5k, 10k, 18k, 27k

https://www.skylinescotland.com/trail-races/

OP th5th 23 Jan 2023
In reply to th5th:

Thanks folks. Something up towards Loch Eilde Mor and Blackwater from Kinlochleven sounds ideal!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...