UKC

hamstring injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kingjam 03 Sep 2013
Hi

I have this niggling hamstring injury the seems to manifest after about 15-20 mins of running . Despite resting for 2-3 weeks I don't seem to be able to shift it .

Anyone got any advice , I ice it after the run and don't feel it in between runs .

Thanks
 Banned User 77 03 Sep 2013
In reply to kingjam: why rest it?

All you do is repeat and it returns.. something has to change.

I'd see a physio.. hamstrings are often referred issues.. tight glutes.. back.. calf.. nerve impingement...

Never rest.. just do steady runs.. but never rest for a simple strain unless you know what caused it.
OP kingjam 03 Sep 2013
In reply to kingjam:

Do compression type shorts work?
In reply to kingjam: they support it.. but unless you can highlight the reason why and change something.. nothing changes?

frankbabs 03 Sep 2013
In reply to kingjam:

I suffered re current pulls in both legs a couple of years back. You'll receive some excellent advice from the physios on here. Mine were alleviated by prolonged stretching prior to a run. they both seem fine now.

Cheers
 Mountain Llama 03 Sep 2013
In reply to kingjam: Better spending ur cash seeing a physio and getting to the route of the issue instead of trying to reduce the symptoms.
 JamButty 03 Sep 2013
In reply to kingjam: I feel your pain matey, I've been having similar since pulling it 4 months ago. Mine is right behind the knee, so the physio I use has been concentrating in that area but also IT band and top end calf which was really painful.
Lots of stretching regularly and I'm getting better, although its still there in the background.

Good luck, but don't just ignore it

In reply to Mountain Llama:
> (In reply to kingjam) Better spending ur cash seeing a physio and getting to the route of the issue instead of trying to reduce the symptoms.

Exactly.. thats all rest does unless you know it was some accident. When you hit the same intensity again it will happen again unless you change something.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...