UKC

Slipping insoles in running shoes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 04 Oct 2023

I recently bought a new pair of running shoes - New Balance Fuel Cell Prism.

They're very comfortable, but I've noticed that the innersole in both shoes has a tendency to move backwards slightly in the shoe, meaning that I can feel the front edge under my toes after a while.

Any suggestions of how to stop that - I'm not sure full-on gluing it is the answer?

TIA

DaveHK 04 Oct 2023
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Putting strips of seam sealant on the underside of the insole and letting it dry before putting them back in worked for me. It makes the bottom of the insole a bit more grippy.

That or stiffer insoles.

compost 04 Oct 2023

Agree with sticking it down but it sounds like your feet are moving around. Have you tried heel lock lacing? https://www.roadrunnersports.com/blog/heel-lock-lacing

Post edited at 09:19
 steelbru 04 Oct 2023

I don't see a problem with gluing the insole in place - apart maybe from if the shoes get wet through then you can't remove it, so will take a bit longer to dry the shoe completely.

Or, as suggested above, replace with a stiffer insole. Salomon running shoes used to be terrible for this, their Ortholite insoles moved, and when wet would scrunch up and it would become very uncomfortable, so had to be replaced with another insole from other running shoes.

timjones 04 Oct 2023

It sounds like your feet are moving around in the shoes, if tighter lacing does not solve the problem you may need to go down a size.

OP LastBoyScout 05 Oct 2023
In reply to steelbru:

> I don't see a problem with gluing the insole in place - apart maybe from if the shoes get wet through then you can't remove it, so will take a bit longer to dry the shoe completely.

They're road shoes, so hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue - I try and avoid the rain.

> Or, as suggested above, replace with a stiffer insole. Salomon running shoes used to be terrible for this, their Ortholite insoles moved, and when wet would scrunch up and it would become very uncomfortable, so had to be replaced with another insole from other running shoes.

You may be on to something there - they do seem very flimsy insoles.

SouthernSteve 07 Oct 2023

I had this with one set of Salomon trail shoes when they were wet. On a particularly wet trip over the Scafells and then back round from Esk Hause the problem was so bad that the ends got bent up and would then stick in my toes painfully. It was really odd, but despite the shoe being a big heavy one the insoles were flimsy. Some glue solved the problem. They sit in the garage not used - really should get rid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...