UKC

Snowdon Ultra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 echo34 31 Mar 2022

Anyone doing the Snowdon Ultra/Marathon/half/14k at the weekend? Looks like it will be chilly on the top. 

Herdwickmatt 31 Mar 2022
In reply to echo34:

Nope I’m on for the kielder 50k and that’s forecast at 3degrees. Might be too cold for shorts...,

OP echo34 31 Mar 2022
In reply to echo34:

Showing -4 on the summit at the moment,  Just got my summer shorts out too 🤦‍♂️

good luck with the race 👍

Herdwickmatt 01 Apr 2022
In reply to echo34:

Yeah, you to. I could see snow on The lower cheviots on the way back from work... it’s going to be Baltic.

Herdwickmatt 02 Apr 2022
In reply to echo34:

How’d you get on? It was glorious in Northumberland! 

OP echo34 03 Apr 2022
In reply to echo34:

Not too bad, was cold and snowing on the way up snowdon and turned into a nice sunny afternoon once down in the valley. It was a nice route, felt hard for the distance though. How about you?

Herdwickmatt 03 Apr 2022
In reply to echo34: Yeah it’s my first time at the distance for about 8/9years due to long term injury and collecting 3 young children. It had been rerouted (due to storm Arwen damage) and was 52k on forest roads so was quite fast and really quite hard on the body. My lower back cramped at about 35k so the last 15 or so I had to keep stretching out/ease off of the pace

Happy enough to come 10/200ish, but in hindsight I paced it comfortably and it definitely wasn’t my legs which gave up but my lower back due to thudding of descending on forest roads. 

Really enjoyed it but need to work on strengths g my lowe back before 60km in the Grampian in June.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...