UKC

Strava routes questions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 13 Jul 2020

Wanting to try strava  routes for going out in the countryside side. But seeing as they swapped it on the premium version. Hoping  people  can  answer  a vouple of questions? 

does it give you turn by turn directions? 

Can you plot for going on footpaths. I tried  to use the garmin route plotter  and and i found it struggled  with plotling on anything  other  then roads 

I used to track with free runner and route follow in an egde and use plot a route. But i dont want to spend more money then i to as I already  have to replace my forerunner  prefer  not to have to buy a new forerunner and egde. I cant  really afford a forerunner  with mapping /routes now i have a baby

Post edited at 07:13
Roadrunner6 18 Jul 2020
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

It depends.

i just have them on my Strava app on my phone. That won’t give directions. You could save the GPX and send it to a watch maybe? But I can follow the line on my phone on the Strava maps. You can put it in plane mode and just run off the gps signal if signal is poor, it saves battery. 

they follow most footpaths but sometimes not the correct route. But there’s a few places where the trails are in very different places to the legal footpaths.

you can manually plot. If you turn on the heat map it’ll show where others have gone so popular routes show up clearly.

Post edited at 02:13
OP Shaunhaynes99 18 Jul 2020
In reply to Roadrunner6:

Ok thanks.  Ill be  keeping my phone in my vest/trail shorts hence why i would be after turn by turn.

Seen the tom tom.spark 3 going 2nd hand from 40-60 which allows uploading gpx.  So i will  leave strava summit for tim being and get one of the watches 

petemeads 18 Jul 2020
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

Consider Komoot as a footpaths satnav, runs on phone, buy individual areas for a few quid (first one free) or the whole world for 30-odd. Shouts directions from your back pocket, can be irritating...

wilkesley 19 Jul 2020
In reply to petemeads:

If you wait a few weeks after opening an account Komoot will often offer you the whole world for 19 quid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...